2019-20 Bundesliga – Hertha vs Borussia Monchengladbach Preview & Prediction
When does Hertha vs Borussia Monchengladbach kick off? Saturday 21st December, 2019 – 17:30 (UK)
Where is Hertha vs Borussia Monchengladbach being played? Olympiastadion Berlin
What TV channel is Hertha vs Borussia Monchengladbach on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Hertha vs Borussia Monchengladbach in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Hertha vs Borussia Monchengladbach?
Borussia Monchengladbach – https://www.borussia-ticketing.de/default.aspx
What was the score in the last meeting between Hertha & Borussia Monchengladbach? Borussia Monchengladbach 0-3 Hertha
THE TEAM NEWS
- Hertha BSC appear to have turned a corner under new coach Klinsmann after successive 1-0 wins over Freiburg and Bayer Leverkusen, but this will be another tough test for them.
- Klinsmann changed his formation again against Leverkusen, adopting a 4-3-3 system with Skjelbred returning in midfield, so it remains to be seen what he will do here.
- Klinsmann will be forced into at least one change as Grujic picked up his fifth caution of the season against Leverkusen, so Maier could start if the formation is the same.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Jarstein; Klunter, Rekik, Boyata, Plattenhardt; Skjelbred, Maier, Darida; Lukebakio, Selke, Dilrosun
Unavailable: Grujic (Suspended)
Doubtful: Kraft (Injured)
- Borussia Monchengladbach bounced back from Sunday's defeat at Wolfsburg to beat Paderborn 2-0 at home on Wednesday and draw level on points with leaders RB Leipzig.
- Right-back Lainer will be assessed after missing Wednesday's match with an injury he picked up last weekend, so Jantschke is on standby to fill in again.
- Joint top scorer Thuram is almost certain to be recalled in attack having started on the bench in midweek, while Benes and Bensebaini could also return to the starting XI
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Sommer; Jantschke, Ginter, Elvedi, Bensebaini; Benes, Hofmann, Zakaria; Herrmann, Plea, Thuram
Unavailable: Musel (Injured), Poulsen (Injured)
Doubtful: Lainer (Injured)
They may be battling for top spot but Borussia Monchengladbach have actually lost three of their last four away Bundesliga matches. Hertha's change of coach has had the desired effect so far with wins and clean sheets in the last two games, so the home side are certainly in with a shout here.