When does Freiburg vs Koln kick off? Saturday 31st August, 2019 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Freiburg vs Koln being played? Schwarzwald-Stadion
What is the weather forecast for Freiburg vs Koln? Clear, 27c
What television channel is Freiburg vs Koln on? Some Bundesliga matches are televised on BT Sport so check here for their TV schedule
Where can I stream Freiburg vs Koln? If televised on BT Sport, this match can be streamed live via the BT Sport website and app
Where can I get tickets for Freiburg vs Koln?
Freiburg – https://heimspiele-scfreiburg.reservix.de/
What was the score when the teams last met? Freiburg 3-2 Koln
THE TEAM NEWS
- Freiburg are in unfamiliar territory near the top of the table having won their opening two Bundesliga games, scoring six goals and conceding just one in the process.
- Janik Haberer, Lukas Kubler and Manuel Gulde all featured in an U23 match last Sunday as they work their way back after injuries, but are unlikely to feature in this encounter.
- Coach Christian Streich is expected to name the same side for the third match running, so Gian-Luca Waldschmidt - who earned his first call-up to the Germany squad this week - will be looking to continue his good early-season form.
Predicted line-up (3-4-1-2): Schwolow; Lienhart, Kock, Schlotterbeck; Schmid, Gondorf, Hofler, Gunter; Borrello; Waldschmidt, Petersen
Unavailable: Flekken (Injured), Terrazzino (Injured)
Doubtful: Haberer (Injured), Itter (Injured), Gulde (Injured), Kubler (Injured)
- Koln were leading Borussia Dortmund for over 40 minutes last Friday before eventually slipping to a 3-1 defeat, leaving them pointless from the opening two matchdays.
- Jhon Cordoba has been ruled out after suffering an injury against Dortmund so Simon Terodde is set to be recalled alongside Anthony Modeste up front, if Achim Beierlorzer sticks with a 4-4-2 formation.
- Midfielders Marco Hoger and Marcel Risse are nursing knocks and will face late fitness tests while Lasse Sobiech is also a doubt because of illness, but none of them would be likely starters anyway.
Predicted line-up (4-4-2): Horn; Ehizibue, Czichos, Jorge Mere, Hector; Schindler, Skhiri, Verstraete, Drexler; Modeste, Terodde
Unavailable: Clemens (Injured), Cordoba (Injured)
Doubtful: Katterbach (Injured), Risse (Injured), Hoger (Injured), Sobiech (Illness)
There were two thrilling contests between these two sides during the 2017-18 season, but Koln have not won in the Black Forest since 1996. That wait is likely to go on but the Billy Goats have at least scored in both their league games this term, so it could be a high-scoring win for Freiburg.