2019-20 Bundesliga – Freiburg vs Bayer Leverkusen Preview & Prediction
When does Freiburg vs Bayer Leverkusen kick off? Friday 29th May, 2020 – 19:30 (UK)
Where is Freiburg vs Bayer Leverkusen being played? Schwarzwald-Stadion
Where can I get tickets for Freiburg vs Bayer Leverkusen? No tickets are available as Bundesliga 1 matches are currently taking place behind closed doors
What TV channel is Freiburg vs Bayer Leverkusen on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Freiburg vs Bayer Leverkusen in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Bet365 subscribers can stream German Bundesliga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Freiburg twice blew the lead including a two-goal advantage with under 15 minutes remaining as they were held to a draw on their visit to Eintracht Frankfurt in midweek but they were fortunate to even come away with a point.
- Vincenzo Grifo opened the scoring for Freiburg before the hosts equalised but two goals in three minutes from Nils Petersen and Lucas Holer appeared to have sealed the victory for the visitors until Frankfurt matched their feat to level.
- Freiburg were second best throughout and would have been on the end of a heavy defeat if the hosts had taken their chances and in their bid to improve on their poor run of form, they will hope to get more minutes out of striker Luca Waldschmidt after he lasted 59 minutes on his surprise return in midweek.
- Bayer Leverkusen’s brilliant form was ended in abrupt fashion as they put in a shocking performance to fall to a 1-4 loss on home soil against Wolfsburg in midweek which was their first defeat in eight Bundesliga matches.
- Leverkusen fell behind just before the break and then conceded three goals in an 11-minute second half spell in what was an uncharacteristic display, especially since the league returned to action.
- Julian Baumgartlinger notched a late consolation but that did nothing to hide the hosts’ disappointment and changes are likely to occur due to a combination of the poor performance and short turnaround with Kevin Volland pushing for a return from injury.
Freiburg have won just one of their last seven matches in the
Bundesliga and will face a tricky test to improve that record as they
host a Bayer Leverkusen side with a big point to prove. The visitors
were on the end of a heavy home loss to Wolfsburg in midweek and are
likely to make several changes to their side as a result. After losing
for the first time in eight Bundesliga matches, Leverkusen will have a
point to prove and Freiburg are unlikely to be able to match them.