2019-20 Bundesliga – Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Union Berlin Preview & Prediction
When does Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Union Berlin kick off? Sunday 22nd December, 2019 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Union Berlin being played? Merkur Spiel-Arena
What TV channel is Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Union Berlin on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Union Berlin in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Union Berlin?
Fortuna Dusseldorf – https://shop.f95.de/f95/tickets.htm
Union Berlin – https://www.union-zeughaus.de/union-berlin/heimspiele_2.htm
What was the score in the last meeting between Fortuna Dusseldorf & Union Berlin? Union Berlin 3-1 Fortuna Dusseldorf
THE TEAM NEWS
- Second-from-bottom Fortuna Dusseldorf will be glad to get to the winter break having registered just one point and one goal in their last five matches.
- Key duo Zimmermann and Hennings are both doubts are sustaining injuries during Tuesday's 3-0 loss at Augsburg, and Zimmer is still a doubt.
- Experienced midfielder Bodzek returns from suspension and should start, and another veteran of the team, Fink, is also in contention to be recalled.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Steffen; Zimmermann, Ayhan, Hoffmann, Giesselmann; Morales, Bodzek; Tekpetey, Fink, Thommy; Kownacki
Unavailable: Karaman (Injured), Suttner (Injured), Stoger (Injured)
Doubtful: Zimmer (Injured), Zimmermann (Injured), Hennings (Injured)
- Union Berlin lost 2-0 at home to Hoffenheim in midweek but they will be more than happy with the first half of their debut Bundesliga campaign as they sit relatively comfortably in mid-table.
- Winger Abdullahi made his comeback from injury as a substitute against Hoffenheim but long-term absentees Promel, Gogia and Schlotterbeck remain sidelined.
- Midfielder Kroos is doubtful after missing Tuesday's game, while Bulter is likely to be recalled in attack having started on the bench.
Predicted line-up (3-4-3): Gikiewicz; Hubner, Subotic, Friedrich; Trimmel, Gentner, Andrich, Lenz; Ingvartsen, Andersson, Bulter
Unavailable: Promel (Injured), Gogia (Injured), Schlotterbeck (Injured)
Doubtful: Kroos (Injured)
Goals have dried up for Fortuna Dusseldorf in recent weeks and with Hennings – who has netted 10 of their 16 league goals this season – an injury doubt, they may struggle again. Union Berlin have scored no more than once in all but one of their away games, so this is unlikely to be a goal-fest.