2019-20 Bundesliga – Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Paderborn Preview & Prediction
When does Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Paderborn kick off? Saturday 16th May, 2020 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Paderborn being played? Merkur Spiel-Arena
What TV channel is Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Paderborn on in the UK? BT Sport Extra 2
Where can I stream Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Paderborn in the UK? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app
Where can I get tickets for Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Paderborn? No tickets are available as Bundesliga 1 matches are currently taking place behind closed doors
What was the score in the last meeting between Fortuna Dusseldorf & Paderborn? Paderborn 2-0 Fortuna Dusseldorf
THE TEAM NEWS
- Fortuna Dusseldorf come into this game desperate to pick up what would be a valuable three points as they aim to pull themselves out of relegation trouble but their form before the Bundesliga was suspended will be a real concern for them.
- Dusseldorf start the contest occupying the relegation play-off spot having won just five games in the league all season with them managing just two victories in their last 15 Bundesliga matches.
- With every point likely to be crucial in their bid to avoid the drop, Dusseldorf were handed a huge blow on their return to training when first-choice goalkeeper Zack Steffen re-injured his knee and he is a serious doubt for the remainder of the campaign.
- Paderborn need to change their fortunes on the resumption of the Bundesliga or face an immediate return to Bundesliga 2 after struggling for the vast majority of the season to date which sees them prop up the table.
- After a dreadful campaign, Paderborn showed some fight with three wins over a six-game period just before and after the winter break but since that last win against Freiburg, they lost five of their next six.
- That winless run sees them sit bottom of the pile with just 16 points and they cannot afford to lose any more ground on those teams above them but should be boosted by the return of several injured players for this clash including top-scorer Streli Mamba.
Both of these teams would have preferred greater preparation for this
important contest in what could prove to be a pivotal clash in the
relegation battle. Bottom of the table Paderborn are already in grave
danger of relegation and are unlikely to get many better chances to
close the gap on those above them as they face one of their nearest
rivals in Fortuna Dusseldorf. The pair were both badly out of form
before the enforced break but are likely to throw everything forward to
earn the points in this one and that should see goals at either end.