2019-20 Bundesliga – Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Hoffenheim Preview & Prediction
When does Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Hoffenheim kick off? Saturday 6th June, 2020 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Hoffenheim being played? Merkur Spiel-Arena
Where can I get tickets for Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Hoffenheim? No tickets are available as Bundesliga 1 matches are currently taking place behind closed doors
What TV channel is Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Hoffenheim on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Hoffenheim in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Bet365 subscribers can stream German Bundesliga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Fortuna Dusseldorf knew they were in for a long evening on their visit to Bayern Munich and that proved to be the case as they were on the end of a 5-0 hammering in what was their first loss in seven Bundesliga matches.
- Dusseldorf struggled to lay a finger on the league leaders and were perhaps fortunate to lose by just the five goals as they managed to avoid conceding any further goals in the final 38 minutes of the contest.
- In their attempt to bounce back, Dusseldorf will hope to have Dawid Kownacki back in the mix for selection while key centre-back Kaan Ayhan is also available and is likely to return to the starting XI.
- After Bundesliga matches without a win, Hoffenheim have now claimed the three points in their last two matches as they were able to overcome Mainz despite missing a penalty midway through the first half.
- Steven Zuber saw his spot kick saved but having come on as a substitute in the 38th minute, Ihlas Bebou made an immediate impact as he found the back of the net just five minutes after entering the fray.
- That effort proved to be enough to claim the victory and will be boosted by the return of Benjamin Hubner, Pavel Kaderabek and Florian Grillitsch in their bid to make it three wins in a row but Jacob Bruun Larsen is a doubt after he was forced off with a muscle injury last week.
Fortuna Dusseldorf are unlikely to be too affected by their heavy
loss to Bayern Munich last week and will be eager to put that behind
them as quickly as possible having lost their first game in seven league
games. They host Hoffenheim here who arrive on the back of successive
wins and the visitors also have a handful players available to them
again which will bolster their options. Dusseldorf’s failure to score
last week was just the second time in 10 Bundesliga where they have not
found the back of the net and with Hoffenheim scoring in six of their
last eight, there should be goals at either end in this one.