2019-20 Bundesliga – Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Borussia Dortmund Preview & Prediction
When does Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Borussia Dortmund kick off? Saturday 13th June, 2020 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Borussia Dortmund being played? Merkur Spiel-Arena
Where can I get tickets for Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Borussia Dortmund? No tickets are available as Bundesliga 1 matches are currently taking place behind closed doors
What TV channel is Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Borussia Dortmund on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Borussia Dortmund in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Bet365 subscribers can stream German Bundesliga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Fortuna Dusseldorf responded to their heavy loss against Bayern Munich by earning a point from their home match with Hoffenheim but they will view it as two points dropped after their opponents were reduced to 10 men in the opening stages of the contest.
- Rouwen Hennings gave Dusseldorf the lead with just five minutes on the clock before Hoffenheim went down to 10 just four minutes later but it did not stop the away team from scoring twice and Hennings needed to add a second from the spot to seal a point for his side.
- Dusseldorf come into this daunting clash three points from safety and to make their task even more difficult, they will be without captain Oliver Fink who is out for the foreseeable future with a calf injury while Adam Bodzek is suspended after picking up his 10th booking of the season.
- Borussia Dortmund moved another step closer to securing second spot in the Bundesliga as they did just enough to edge the three points in a tight contest with Hertha last weekend and start this round of fixtures four points ahead of third placed RB Leipzig.
- Emre Can’s second half effort was enough to separate the teams but Dortmund need to be more clinical in front of goal after they dominated for large spells but struggled to break down a Hertha side that attempted to frustrate them.
- Mats Hummels is back in contention after he served a ban last week and in a further boost for Dortmund, Erling Haaland appears to have overcome his knee injury and could slot straight back in to the starting XI.
Fortuna Dusseldorf collected a valuable point in their bid to avoid
the drop last week but they could be left to rue that they did not make
it three after playing over 80 minutes of their game with Hoffenheim
against 10 men. They now have the challenge of hosting Borussia Dortmund
who have won eight of their last nine Bundesliga matches and the
visitors should be capable of winning this one by at least two clear