2019-20 Bundesliga – Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Bayern Munich Preview & Prediction
When does Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Bayern Munich kick off? Saturday 23rd November, 2019 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Bayern Munich being played? Merkur Spiel-Arena
What TV channel is Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Bayern Munich on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Bayern Munich in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Bayern Munich?
Fortuna Dusseldorf – https://shop.f95.de/f95/tickets.htm
Bayern Munich – https://fcbayern.com/en/tickets
What was the score in the last meeting between Fortuna Dusseldorf & Bayern Munich? Fortuna Dusseldorf 1-4 Bayern Munich
THE TEAM NEWS
- Fortuna Dusseldorf will take heart from their 3-3 draw at Schalke 04 last time out when they thrice came from behind, and they will need exactly that kind of spirit again if they are to get anything here.
- Diego Contento has been ruled out after sustaining an injury in a friendly last week, while Aymen Barkok will play for the reserves as he works his way back to full fitness.
- Kenan Karaman, Michael Rensing, Kevin Stoger and Thomas Pledl remain sidelined so there are unlikely to be many changes from the Schalke match.
Predicted line-up (5-3-2): Steffen; Zimmer, Ayhan, Hoffmann, Adams, Giesselmann; Zimmermann, Bodzek, Morales; Kownacki, Hennings
Unavailable: Karaman (Injured), Rensing (Injured), Stoger (Injured), Pledl (Injured), Contento (Injured), Barkok (Injured)
Doubtful: DOUBTFUL PLAYERS HERE (ADMIN)
- Bayern Munich have their swagger back after thumping rivals Borussia Dortmund 4-0, which was enough to convince the club's hierarchy to leave interim coach Hansi Flick in charge until at least Christmas.
- Kingsley Coman should shake off a knock that he picked up on international duty with France so Flick is set to stick with the side that started against Dortmund.
- Bayern are already through to the last 16 of the Champions League so Flick can afford to pick his strongest side here, although it will be a makeshift back four again with Jerome Boateng completing his ban.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Neuer; Pavard, Javi Martinez, Alaba, Davies; Kimmich, Goretzka; Gnabry, Muller, Coman; Lewandowski
Unavailable: Sule (Injured), Hernandez (Injured), Arp (Injured), Boateng (Suspended)
Doubtful: Coman (Injured)
Fortuna Dusseldorf will have their work cut out trying to stop a resurgent Bayern, and in particular their goalscoring machine Lewandowski. The hosts have an in-form striker of their own in Hennings, though, and have scored in all their home games this season so expect plenty of goals in any case.