2019-20 Bundesliga – Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Bayer Leverkusen Preview & Prediction
When does Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Bayer Leverkusen kick off? Saturday 24th August, 2019 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Bayer Leverkusen being played? Merkur Spiel-Arena
What is the weather forecast for Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Bayer Leverkusen? Clear, 27c
What television channel is Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Bayer Leverkusen on? Some Bundesliga matches are televised on BT Sport so check here for their TV schedule
Where can I stream Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Bayer Leverkusen? If televised on BT Sport, this match can be streamed live via the BT Sport website and app
Where can I get tickets for Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Bayer Leverkusen?
Fortuna Dusseldorf – https://shop.f95.de/f95/tickets.htm
Bayer Leverkusen – https://ticketshop.bayer04.de/SpielAuswahl
What was the score when the teams last met? Bayer Leverkusen 2-0 Fortuna Dusseldorf
THE TEAM NEWS
- Fortuna Dusseldorf pulled off one of the most impressive results of the opening weekend in the Bundesliga, winning 3-1 at Werder Bremen.
- Adam Bodzek and Dawid Kownacki, who both missed the trip to Bremen through suspension and injury respectively, scored in a friendly in midweek but coach Friedhelm Funkel is expected to name an unchanged line-up.
- Manchester City loanee Zack Steffen impressed on his debut against Bremen and will certainly keep his place in goal with long-term absentees Michael Rensing and Raphael Wolf still out.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Steffen; Zimmermann, Ayhan, Hoffmann, Giesselmann; Morales, Baker; Thommy, Karaman, Suttner; Hennings
Unavailable: Rensing (Injured), Stoger (Injured), Ampomah (Injured), Barkok (Injured)
Doubtful: Wolf (Injured)
- Bayer Leverkusen were pegged back twice at home to promoted Paderborn last Saturday before eventually coming through with a 3-2 win, their sixth victory in their last seven Bundesliga games.
- The attacking trio of Kai Havertz, Leon Bailey and Kevin Volland were on target against Paderborn as they were in the DFB Cup the week before, but coach Peter Bosz will have been concerned by the number of chances Paderborn created.
- Full-backs Mitchell Weiser and Daley Sinkgraven are both doubts having missed the opening game so Lars Bender and Bailey are set to occupy the wide berths again in Bosz's 3-4-2-1 system.
Predicted line-up (3-4-2-1): Hradecky; Wendell, S. Bender, Tah; L. Bender, Baumgartlinger, Aranguiz, Bailey; Havertz, Demirbay; Volland
Unavailable: Pohjanpalo (Injured)
Doubtful: Weiser (Injured), Sinkgraven (Injured)
Both of these sides netted three goals in their Matchday 1 victories. In fact, 12 of Fortuna Dusseldorf's last 13 Bundesliga games have produced over 2.5 goals and against a team with the attacking talent of Bayer Leverkusen, that pattern looks highly likely to continue.