2019-20 Bundesliga – Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Augsburg Preview & Prediction
When does Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Augsburg kick off? Saturday 20th June, 2020 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Augsburg being played? Merkur Spiel-Arena
Where can I get tickets for Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Augsburg? No tickets are available as Bundesliga 1 matches are currently taking place behind closed doors
What TV channel is Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Augsburg on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Augsburg in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Bet365 subscribers can stream German Bundesliga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Fortuna Dusseldorf showed some superb character to not only respond to their heart-breaking late defeat to Borussia Dortmund but to also hit back from two goals down on the road at RB Leipzig to earn what could be a massive point.
- Leipzig were leading 2-0 with just three minutes remaining until Steven Skrzybski gave Fortuna a lifeline and they were rewarded for their persistence as they struck a leveller in the second minute of stoppage time through Andre Hoffmann.
- Dusseldorf are now five points from safety with just two games to play but they will be confident that they can remain in the relegation play-off spot and they will have Niko Gießelmann back in the mix for selection after serving a ban.
- Augsburg could not make it three successive games without tasting defeat in Bundesliga as they were beaten against a solid Hoffenheim outfit that notched three second half goals to condemn them to defeat.
- After a goalless first half, Augsburg found themselves two goals down just after the hour after they switched off to allow efforts in quick succession and despite Ruben Vargas pulling one back, they could not get back on level terms and conceded a third late on.
- Despite that loss, Augsburg are almost certain to keep their place in next season’s top flight and they could be boosted by the return of captain Daniel Baier but Tin Jedvaj will be unavailable through suspension.
Fortuna Dusseldorf earned what could turn out to be a valuable point
in their bid to avoid the drop as they fought back from two goals to
secure an unlikely draw against RB Leipzig. Those goals deep into that
contest will give them a huge boost ahead of this clash with Augsburg
who are still not mathematically safe. It would take a massive swing in
goal difference for the visitors to go down and they may take their eye
off the ball thinking their place in next season’s Bundesliga is already
secure which could open the door for Dusseldorf to avoid defeat in this