2019-20 Bundesliga – Eintracht Frankfurt vs Borussia Monchengladbach Preview & Prediction
When does Eintracht Frankfurt vs Borussia Monchengladbach kick off? Saturday 16th May, 2020 – 17:30 (UK)
Where is Eintracht Frankfurt vs Borussia Monchengladbach being played? Commerzbank-Arena
What TV channel is Eintracht Frankfurt vs Borussia Monchengladbach on in the UK? BT Sport 1
Where can I stream Eintracht Frankfurt vs Borussia Monchengladbach in the UK? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app
Where can I get tickets for Eintracht Frankfurt vs Borussia Monchengladbach? No tickets are available as Bundesliga 1 matches are currently taking place behind closed doors
What was the score in the last meeting between Eintracht Frankfurt & Borussia Monchengladbach? Borussia Monchengladbach 4-2 Eintracht Frankfurt
THE TEAM NEWS
- Eintracht Frankfurt will be desperate to get their season back on track after struggling before the enforced break with two of their last three matches resulting in 4-0 losses against Borussia Dortmund and Bayer Leverkusen.
- They have only managed to win three of their last 14 Bundesliga games and with nine of those games ending in defeat, they find themselves in the bottom half of the table with a relegation battle on the cards if they do not improve.
- The lack of action has allowed Frankfurt some breathing space with injuries and they should have an almost fully fit squad for this clash although Marco Russ is likely to have to wait a little longer to make his return from a torn Achilles tendon.
- Borussia Monchengladbach find themselves just six points off the top of the Bundesliga table with nine matches remaining and will believe that they are very much in the title race ahead of this return to action.
- Their only defeat in their last seven league matches came in a tight affair with rivals Borussia Dortmund but their form is otherwise strong and they have lost just one of their last five league fixtures on the road.
- This is a critical period for Gladbach who cannot afford to drop many more points if they are to have a genuine tilt at the title but they will have to cope without Denis Zakaria after the midfielder underwent surgery on his knee.
Borussia Monchengladbach will have aspirations of causing a big upset
in the race for the Bundesliga title but must restart their campaign
with a victory to keep pace with the teams above them. Their spot in the
top four is not yet secure with Bayer Leverkusen on their tail which
makes every point vital for them. They travel to a struggling Eintracht
Frankfurt outfit and if the hosts continue where they left off before
the break in action having lost their last three league games, Gladbach
should be able to exploit their weaknesses to come out on top.