2019-20 Bundesliga – Borussia Monchengladbach vs Union Berlin Preview & Prediction
When does Borussia Monchengladbach vs Union Berlin kick off? Sunday 31st May, 2020 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Borussia Monchengladbach vs Union Berlin being played? Stadion im BORUSSIA-PARK
Where can I get tickets for Borussia Monchengladbach vs Union Berlin? No tickets are available as Bundesliga 1 matches are currently taking place behind closed doors
What TV channel is Borussia Monchengladbach vs Union Berlin on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Borussia Monchengladbach vs Union Berlin in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Bet365 subscribers can stream German Bundesliga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Borussia Monchengladbach were unable to overcome Werder Bremen in midweek as they were held to a goalless draw to make it two games without a victory and they will be desperate to avoid a third winless game as they aim to keep pace with the top four.
- Gladbach struggled to get a real foothold in the game and the draw was ultimately the right outcome in what was another disappointing performance after their loss to Bayer Leverkusen in their previous game.
- With the race for the top four an extremely tight one, any dropped points at this stage of the season could be vital but in Gladbach’s attempt to get back to winning ways, they will be without the suspended Tony Jantschke who joins a handful of injured teammates on the sidelines.
- Union Berlin ended their three-match losing streak in Bundesliga but their winless run was extended to five games as they were held to a draw when hosting Mainz in midweek as their worrying slide down the table continues.
- Union fell behind inside the opening 15 minutes but got themselves on level terms at the break as Marcus Ingvartsen found the back of the net with that effort proving to be the end of the scoring.
- Union must end their poor run but their options up front have been reduced this week after it was decided that Sebastian Polter will not play for them again with club president Dirk Zingler releasing a statement saying that Polter did not adhere to the “fundamental values” of the club.
Borussia Monchengladbach can ill afford another game where they drop
points after claiming just one point from a possible six in their last
two games. They now host struggling Union Berlin who are without a win
in their last five Bundesliga matches and continue to fall further into
relegation trouble. The hosts have not impressed in their previous two
matches but the visitors are stuck in a rut and having won just three
games on the road this season, Union look set for further