2019-20 Bundesliga – Borussia Monchengladbach vs RB Leipzig Preview & Prediction
When does Borussia Monchengladbach vs RB Leipzig kick off? Friday 30th August, 2019 – 19:30 (UK)
Where is Borussia Monchengladbach vs RB Leipzig being played? Stadion im BORUSSIA-PARK
What is the weather forecast for Borussia Monchengladbach vs RB Leipzig? Clear, 19c
What television channel is Borussia Monchengladbach vs RB Leipzig on? Some Bundesliga matches are televised on BT Sport so check here for their TV schedule
Where can I stream Borussia Monchengladbach vs RB Leipzig? If televised on BT Sport, this match can be streamed live via the BT Sport website and app
Where can I get tickets for Borussia Monchengladbach vs RB Leipzig?
Borussia Monchengladbach – https://www.borussia-ticketing.de/default.aspx
What was the score when the teams last met? Borussia Monchengladbach 1-2 RB Leipzig
THE TEAM NEWS
- Borussia M'gladbach came from behind to beat Mainz 05 3-1 last weekend and are unbeaten in three competitive matches under new coach Marco Rose this season.
- Breel Embolo is pushing for a recall to the starting line-up after coming off the bench to score one goal and set up another against Mainz, and could replace fellow summer signing Marcus Thuram in attack.
- Recent signing Ramy Bensebaini was included on the bench against Mainz but is not fit enough to start yet, while captain Lars Stindl, Jonas Hofmann, Mamadou Doucoure and Torben Musel remain sidelined.
Predicted line-up (4-1-2-1-2): Sommer; Lainer, Elvedi, Ginter, Wendt; Zakaria; Benes, Neuhaus; Johnson; Embolo, Plea
Unavailable: Stindl (Injured), Hofmann (Injured), Doucoure (Injured), Musel (Injured), Strobl (Injured), Villlalba (Injured)
- An efficient performance earned RB Leipzig a 2-1 win at home to Eintracht Frankfurt last Sunday and they could go top of the table for at least a day with victory here.
- Centre-back Dayot Upamecano returned to full training this week but coach Julian Nagelsmann is expected to stick with the back three that have conceded just once in two league games this term.
- Star man Timo Werner, who celebrated his new contract with his second goal in as many games against Frankfurt, came off with a knock but should be fine, so it could be an unchanged line-up.
Predicted line-up (3-4-1-2): Gulacsi; Mukiele, Konate, Orban; Klostermann, Demme, Nkunku, Halstenberg; Sabitzer; Werner, Poulsen
Unavailable: Adams (Injured), Wolf (Injured)
Doubtful: Upamecano (Injured), Augustin (Injured)
Leipzig have won on all three of their previous visits to BORUSSIA-PARK and are unbeaten in their six meetings with Gladbach overall. They have started the season strongly and should be fancied to continue their perfect start against Borussia, who are winless at home since January.