2019-20 Bundesliga – Borussia Monchengladbach vs Borussia Dortmund Preview & Prediction
When does Borussia Monchengladbach vs Borussia Dortmund kick off? Saturday 7th March, 2020 – 17:30 (UK)
Where is Borussia Monchengladbach vs Borussia Dortmund being played? Stadion im BORUSSIA-PARK
What TV channel is Borussia Monchengladbach vs Borussia Dortmund on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Borussia Monchengladbach vs Borussia Dortmund in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Borussia Monchengladbach vs Borussia Dortmund?
Borussia Monchengladbach – https://www.borussia-ticketing.de/default.aspx.
Borussia Dortmund – https://www.eventimsports.de/ols/bvb/
What was the score in the last meeting between Borussia Monchengladbach & Borussia Dortmund? Borussia Dortmund 2-1 Borussia Monchengladbach
THE TEAM NEWS
- Borussia Monchengladbach have collected 11 points from their last five games and will move above Dortmund into third place with a win on Saturday evening.
- Key forward Thuram faces a late check after coming off with an injury at Augsburg last Saturday, while Johnson, Benes and Traore have all been suffering from illness.
- Captain Stindl will keep his place in attack after netting a brace at Augsburg, but he is one of five players who are one booking away from a ban.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Sommer; Lainer, Ginter, Elvedi, Bensebaini; Neuhaus, Zakaria; Hofmann, Stindl, Thuram; Plea
Doubtful: Johnson (Illness), Thuram (Injured), Benes (Illness), Traore (Illness)
- Borussia Dortmund recorded their fourth successive win in all competitions at home to Freiburg last Saturday and coach Favre will be particularly pleased by his team's defensive improvement.
- Hummels has been a key part of the back three that have conceded just once in those four games and he has shaken off the knock which forced him off at Augsburg.
- Haaland was only fit enough for the bench at Augsburg but should start ahead of ex-Gladbach man Hazard here, while fellow striker Gotze is also fit again after sitting out the trip to Bavaria.
Predicted line-up (3-4-3): Burki; Piszczek, Hummels, Zagadou; Hakimi, Witsel, Can, Raphael Guerreiro; Brandt, Haaland, Sancho
Unavailable: Delaney (Injured), Reus (Injured)
A mouth-watering match is in prospect in Monchengladbach on Saturday evening. Free-scoring Dortmund have scored at least two goals in six of their last seven away games in all competitions, while the Foals have done so in eight of their last nine home league matches, so expect goals galore.