2019-20 Bundesliga – Borussia Dortmund vs Werder Bremen Preview & Prediction
When does Borussia Dortmund vs Werder Bremen kick off? Saturday 28th September, 2019 – 17:30 (UK)
Where is Borussia Dortmund vs Werder Bremen being played? Signal-Iduna-Park
What are the expected weather conditions for Borussia Dortmund vs Werder Bremen? Cloud, 17c
What TV channel is Borussia Dortmund vs Werder Bremen on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Borussia Dortmund vs Werder Bremen in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Borussia Dortmund vs Werder Bremen?
Borussia Dortmund – https://www.eventimsports.de/ols/bvb/
Werder Bremen – https://www.werder.de/tickets/heimspiele/
What was the score in the last meeting between Borussia Dortmund & Werder Bremen? Werder Bremen 2-2 Borussia Dortmund
THE TEAM NEWS
- It was a case of two points dropped for Borussia Dortmund in their 1-1 draw at Eintracht Frankfurt last Sunday, which left them three points behind leaders RB Leipzig.
- Centre-back Mats Hummels will be assessed after limping off at Frankfurt so Dan-Axel Zagadou could make his first start of the season, while left-back Nico Schulz has been ruled out again.
- Reserve goalkeepers Marwin Hitz, Luca Unbehaun and Eric Oelschlagel are all fit again while Thomas Delaney is set to start against his former club.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Burki; Hakimi, Zagadou, Akanji, Raphael Guerreiro; Witsel, Delaney; Sancho, Reus, Hazard; Paco Alcacer
Unavailable: Schulz (Injured)
Doubtful: Morey (Injured), Hummels (Injured)
- After back-to-back wins, Werder Bremen were comfortably beaten 3-0 at home to leaders RB Leipzig last Saturday and they face another tough task here.
- The busy treatment room is gradually emptying at Bremen with coach Florian Kohfeldt confirming on Thursday that centre-backs Sebastian Langkamp and Milos Veljkovic will travel to Dortmund, although they are unlikely to start.
- That said, Niclas Fullkrug is out after suffering a cruciate ligament tear in the build-up to the Leipzig game, leaving 19-year-old Josh Sargent and 40-year-old Claudio Pizarro as the only fit strikers.
Predicted line-up (4-1-2-1-2): Pavlenka; Lang, Gebre Selassie, Gross, Friedl; M. Eggestein; Sahin, Klaasen; Bittencourt; Rashica, Sargent
Unavailable: Moisander (Injured), Mohwald (Injured), Fullkrug (Injured), Bartels (Injured), Augustinsson (Injured), Osako (Injured), Toprak (Injured)
Borussia Dortmund have scored nine goals in their two home league games so far this season. It is hard to see a depleted Werder Bremen side keeping Sancho, Alcacer and company at bay, and the visitors will find it hard to score themselves given their lack of attacking options.