2019-20 Bundesliga – Borussia Dortmund vs Schalke 04 Preview & Prediction
When does Borussia Dortmund vs Schalke 04 kick off? Saturday 16th May, 2020 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Borussia Dortmund vs Schalke 04 being played? Signal-Iduna-Park
What TV channel is Borussia Dortmund vs Schalke 04 on in the UK? BT Sport 1
Where can I stream Borussia Dortmund vs Schalke 04 in the UK? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app
Where can I get tickets for Borussia Dortmund vs Schalke 04? No tickets are available as Bundesliga 1 matches are currently taking place behind closed doors
What was the score in the last meeting between Borussia Dortmund & Schalke 04? Schalke 04 0-0 Borussia Dortmund
THE TEAM NEWS
- Borussia Dortmund have a four-point gap to make up on Bundesliga leaders Bayern Munich and will want to avoid falling further behind in their first game back in action as they host local rivals Schalke 04.
- If Dortmund are to keep pace at the top of the table, the likes of Erling Haaland and Jadon Sancho will need to hit the ground running and contribute to some irresistible attacking displays like Dortmund have become accustomed to in recent times.
- Dortmund do have a couple of concerns in midfield with Alex Witsel and Emre Can both picking up knocks in training last week and the pair face a race against time to prove their fitness for this one.
- Schalke 04 were in poor form before the Bundesliga came to a halt and they will hope the break has done them some good as they desperately attempt to stay in the hunt for a European spot.
- Without a win in their last seven Bundesliga matches, Schalke’s hopes of qualifying for the Champions League took a serious hit during that run and they will need a much-improved end to the season if they are to get that challenge back on track.
- While that now looks beyond them, they are still right in the mix for a place in the Europa League but face plenty of competition and the enforced lack interruption of the season has helped reduce Schalke’s injury list with Suat Serdar, Salif Sane and Daniel Caligiuri all back in contention.
The Revierderby is the standout fixture in this opening weekend of
the resumption of the Bundesliga as Borussia Dortmund host local rivals
Schalke 04. Dortmund still have aspirations of winning the title but
cannot afford to lose further ground on leaders Bayern Munich which
makes this an important contest for the home side. They were in good
form before the league came to a halt and although Schalke had failed to
win any of their last seven league matches, that form is likely to
count for a great deal here. Signal-Iduna-Park will have an eerie feel
to it without the Yellow Wall in attendance but that should not prevent
Dortmund from picking up the three points in this one.