When does Borussia Dortmund vs Mainz kick off? Wednesday 17th June, 2020 – 19:30 (UK)
Where is Borussia Dortmund vs Mainz being played? Signal-Iduna-Park
Where can I get tickets for Borussia Dortmund vs Mainz? No tickets are available as Bundesliga 1 matches are currently taking place behind closed doors
What TV channel is Borussia Dortmund vs Mainz on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Borussia Dortmund vs Mainz in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Bet365 subscribers can stream German Bundesliga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Borussia Dortmund failed to impress as they struggled to see off relegation-threatened Fortuna Dusseldorf at the weekend and needed a goal deep into stoppage time to retain their four-point advantage in second spot in the Bundesliga table.
- Dortmund were unable to break the deadlock and looked as they would have to settle for a point until substitute Erling Haaland was able to find the back of the net with time about to expire in what could prove to be a crucial goal.
- Haaland highlighted his importance to this Dortmund side with that effort and he looks set to come into the starting XI here following his goalscoring cameo on Saturday while Gio Reyna could join him in the line-up.
- Mainz were unable to build on their win over Eintracht Frankfurt as they were narrowly defeated by Augsburg at the weekend and that loss leaves them right in the thick of it in the relegation mix with just three points separating them and the drop zone.
- Mainz suffered a shocking start as they fell behind inside the opening minute of the contest and that proved to be a decisive blow as they were unable to get back on level terms despite dominating for large spells throughout the game.
- Taiwo Awoniyi suffered a head injury which forced him from the field during Sunday’s match and that will make him a doubt for this game while Jean-Paul Boetius could make a return to the starting line-up after he had to make do with a place on the bench against Augsburg.
Borussia Dortmund were far from impressive in their narrow win over
Fortuna Dusseldorf at the weekend but they were able to make it nine
wins from their last 10 Bundesliga matches to move another step closer
to sealing second spot. They can all but seal that position with another
victory here as they host strugglers Mainz who are sitting precariously
above the relegation zone. Mainz have managed just one win in their
last seven and they are unlikely to cause Dortmund too many issues with
the hosts able to win without conceding.