2019-20 Bundesliga – Borussia Dortmund vs Fortuna Dusseldorf Preview & Prediction
When does Borussia Dortmund vs Fortuna Dusseldorf kick off? Saturday 7th December, 2019 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Borussia Dortmund vs Fortuna Dusseldorf being played? Signal-Iduna-Park
What TV channel is Borussia Dortmund vs Fortuna Dusseldorf on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Borussia Dortmund vs Fortuna Dusseldorf in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Borussia Dortmund vs Fortuna Dusseldorf?
Borussia Dortmund – https://www.eventimsports.de/ols/bvb/
Fortuna Dusseldorf – https://shop.f95.de/f95/tickets.htm
What was the score in the last meeting between Borussia Dortmund & Fortuna Dusseldorf? Borussia Dortmund 3-2 Fortuna Dusseldorf
THE TEAM NEWS
- Borussia Dortmund saw off Hertha BSC 2-1 last Saturday despite playing the second half with ten men, easing the pressure on coach Favre.
- Hummels is suspended after his sending off in Berlin so Favre is expected to revert to his preferred 4-2-3-1 system, with Zagadou partnering Akanji in the centre of defence.
- Weigl and Paco Alcacer are expected to be fit and both are in contention to start, but left-back Schmelzer has been ruled out due to injury.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Burki; Piszczek, Akanji, Zagadou, Hakimi; Witsel, Weigl; Sancho, Reus, Hazard; Paco Alcacer
Unavailable: Delaney (Injured), Schmelzer (Injured), Hummels (Suspended)
Doubtful: Paco Alcacer (Injured), Bruun Larsen (Injured), Weigl (Injured)
- A late equaliser earned Fortuna Dusseldorf a point at Hoffenheim last Saturday but they have only won one of their last 10 away league matches.
- Coach Funkel will have to shuffle things around at the back as key man Ayhan is suspended having accumulated five yellow cards, while left-back Suttner has been ruled out with a muscle strain.
- Sobottka has also joined the injury list after breaking his nose against Hoffenheim, so veteran Bodzek is likely to be recalled in midfield.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Steffen; Zimmermann, Hoffmann, Adams, Giesselmann; Bodzek, Morales; Zimmer, Fink, Kownacki; Hennings
Unavailable: Karaman (Injured), Suttner (Injured), Sobottka (Injured), Stoger (Injured), Pledl (Injured), Ayhan (Suspended)
Doubtful: Contento (Injured), Barkok (Injured)
Borussia Dortmund have not been firing on all cylinders lately but they still have no problem sticking the ball in the net, particularly at home. Favre's side have banged in 18 goals in six home league games this term and with Dusseldorf missing key defensive players, this could be a big scoreline.