2019-20 Bundesliga – Borussia Dortmund vs Borussia Monchengladbach Preview & Prediction
When does Borussia Dortmund vs Borussia Monchengladbach kick off? Saturday 19th October, 2019 – 17:30 (UK)
Where is Borussia Dortmund vs Borussia Monchengladbach being played? Signal-Iduna-Park
What TV channel is Borussia Dortmund vs Borussia Monchengladbach on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Borussia Dortmund vs Borussia Monchengladbach in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Borussia Dortmund vs Borussia Monchengladbach?
Borussia Dortmund – https://www.eventimsports.de/ols/bvb/
Borussia Monchengladbach – https://www.borussia-ticketing.de/default.aspx
What was the score in the last meeting between Borussia Dortmund & Borussia Monchengladbach? Borussia Monchengladbach 0-2 Borussia Dortmund
THE TEAM NEWS
- Borussia Dortmund have slipped to eighth in the Bundesliga standings following three consecutive 2-2 draws, in all of which they were leading.
- Striker Paco Alcacer has been ruled out again so Mario Gotze is set to lead the line, while Nico Schulz is racing to be fit in time to face his former club.
- Right-back Lukasz Piszczek is likely to miss out after suffering an injury in the last game against Freiburg but coach Lucien Favre has no fresh injury concerns for the visit of his former side.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Burki; Hakimi, Hummels, Akanji, Raphael Guerreiro; Witsel, Delaney; Sancho, Reus, Hazard; Gotze
Unavailable: Paco Alcacer (Injured)
Doubtful: Schulz (Injured), Piszczek (Injured)
- Borussia M'gladbach took advantage of their rivals' slip-ups to go top of the Bundesliga before the international break but they are unlikely to still be there by the time this match kicks off.
- The 5-1 win over Augsburg came at a cost as defenders Matthias Ginter and Stefan Lainer both went off injured, although the latter is hoping to be fit for this one.
- Captain Lars Stindl could feature for the first time since April 2019 having recovered from his shin fracture but second-choice keeper Tobias Sippel has been added to the lengthy injury list.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Sommer; Lainer, Jantschke, Elvedi, Bensebaini; Kramer, Zakaria, Benes; Herrmann, Plea, Thuram
Unavailable: Johnson (Injured), Musel (Injured), Bennetts (Injured), Strobl (Injured), Traore (Injured), Ginter (Injured), Sippel (Injured)
Doubtful: Stindl (Injured), Lainer (Injured)
Matches between these two teams tend to be high-scoring and Saturday's primetime encounter should be no different. There have been at least four goals in 11 of Dortmund's last 12 Bundesliga games, including each of their last five at home, while Gladbach have scored 15 in their last six.