2019-20 Bundesliga – Borussia Dortmund vs Bayer Leverkusen Preview & Prediction
When does Borussia Dortmund vs Bayer Leverkusen kick off? Saturday 14th September, 2019 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Borussia Dortmund vs Bayer Leverkusen being played? Signal-Iduna-Park
What is the weather forecast for Borussia Dortmund vs Bayer Leverkusen? Clear, 19c
What television channel is Borussia Dortmund vs Bayer Leverkusen on? Some Bundesliga matches are televised on BT Sport so check here for their TV schedule
Where can I stream Borussia Dortmund vs Bayer Leverkusen? If televised on BT Sport, this match can be streamed live via the BT Sport website and app
Where can I get tickets for Borussia Dortmund vs Bayer Leverkusen?
Borussia Dortmund – https://www.eventimsports.de/ols/bvb/
Bayer Leverkusen – https://ticketshop.bayer04.de/SpielAuswahl
What was the score when the teams last met? Borussia Dortmund 3-2 Bayer Leverkusen
THE TEAM NEWS
- Borussia Dortmund will be looking to bounce back from their shock 3-1 defeat to Union Berlin two weeks ago, which was their first loss in any competition since April.
- Coach Lucien Favre is sweating over the fitness of defenders Manuel Akanji and Nico Schulz, who both returned injured from international duty, so Achraf Hakimi is set to keep his place at left-back.
- Axel Witsel and Thorgan Hazard both returned to full training on Thursday after missing the trip to Berlin and could return to the squad, but Julian Brandt will want to keep his place against his former club.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Burki; Piszczek, Hummels, Zagadou, Hakimi; Weigl, Delaney; Sancho, Reus, Brandt; Paco Alcacer
Unavailable: Morey (Injured)
Doubtful: Witsel (Injured), Akanji (Injured), Hazard (Injured), Schulz (Injured)
- Bayer Leverkusen are unbeaten in their last nine Bundesliga matches but this will certainly be their toughest test so far this season and a chance to send out a big statement.
- Sven Bender will be assessed after being injured in training this week, with Aleksandar Dragovic poised to take his place in the centre of defence.
- Striker Joel Pohjanpalo began light training this week but he is unlikely to feature having missed the whole of the previous season, but coach Peter Bosz has no other injury worries as he visits his former club.
Predicted line-up (4-1-4-1): Hradecky; L. Bender, S. Bender, Tah, Wendell; Aranguiz; Bellarbi, Havertz, Demirbay, Bailey; Volland
Unavailable: Pohjanpalo (Injured)
Doubtful: S. Bender (Injured)
If there was ever a fixture that guarantees goals, it is probably this one. Borussia Dortmund have scored at least twice in each of their last 18 Bundesliga games at home, while Bayer Leverkusen have averaged nearly three goals per game over their last 10 away league matches.