2019-20 Bundesliga – Borussia Dortmund vs Augsburg Betting Preview & Prediction
When does Borussia Dortmund vs Augsburg kick off? Saturday 17th August, 2019 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Borussia Dortmund vs Augsburg being played? Signal-Iduna-Park
What is the weather forecast for Borussia Dortmund vs Augsburg? Cloudy, 21c
What television channel is Borussia Dortmund vs Augsburg on? Some Bundesliga matches are televised on BT Sport so check here for their TV schedule
Where can I stream Borussia Dortmund vs Augsburg? If televised on BT Sport, this match can be streamed live via the BT Sport website and app
Where can I get tickets for Borussia Dortmund vs Augsburg?
Borussia Dortmund – https://www.eventimsports.de/ols/bvb/
What was the score when the teams last met? Augsburg 2-1 Borussia Dortmund
THE TEAM NEWS
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Burki; Piszczek, Hummels, Akanji, Schulz; Weigl, Witsel; Sancho, Reus, Hazard; Paco Alcacer
Unavailable: Morey (Injured), Raphael Guerreiro (Injured)
Doubtful: Brandt (Injured)
- Borussia Dortmund, who topped the table for much of last season before falling away towards the end, have been tipped by many to go one better this time around after a summer of big signings.
- First-choice goalkeeper Roman Burki is fit again after sitting out last Friday's DFB Cup tie at KFC Uerdingen and will start, but otherwise it likely to be an unchanged starting line-up.
- Julian Brandt remains a fitness doubt but fellow summer signings Mats Hummels, Nico Schulz and Thorgan Hazard are all set to start, while centre-back Omer Toprak has left on loan.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Koubek; Teigl, Khedira, Suchy, Pederson; Baier, Gruezo; Hahn, Gregoritsch, Richter; Niederlechner
Unavailable: Gouweleeuw (Injured), Iago (Injured), Cordova (Injured), Gotze (Injured), Sarenren-Bazee (Injured)
Doubtful: Max (Injured), Vargas (Injured), Moravek (Injured)
- Augsburg suffered a shock 2-1 defeat at fourth-tier outfit Verl in the first round of the cup last Saturday and have won just one of their last 12 Bundesliga matches away from home.
- Having been appointed in April, coach Martin Schmidt has been busy building his own squad over the summer with no fewer than eight new players arriving and 11 departing the club.
- Schmidt is missing several players through injury but striker Alfred Finnbogason is back in training and could be named on the bench, with summer signing Florian Niederlechner set to start up front.
Dortmund lost just once at Signal-Iduna-Park in the Bundesliga last season, winning 10 of their last 12 home league games. They were also winning at half-time in nine of those matches so, given Augsburg's poor recent away record, double result looks a good market to go for.
BETTING TIP: Borussia Dortmund/Borussia Dortmund (Double result)