2019-20 Bundesliga – Bayer Leverkusen vs Union Berlin Preview & Prediction
When does Bayer Leverkusen vs Union Berlin kick off? Saturday 21st September, 2019 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Bayer Leverkusen vs Union Berlin being played? BayArena
What are the expected weather conditions for Bayer Leverkusen vs Union Berlin? Clear, 23c
What TV channel is Bayer Leverkusen vs Union Berlin on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Bayer Leverkusen vs Union Berlin in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Bayer Leverkusen vs Union Berlin?
Bayer Leverkusen – https://ticketshop.bayer04.de/SpielAuswahl
Union Berlin – https://www.union-zeughaus.de/union-berlin/heimspiele_2.htm
What was the score in the last meeting between Bayer Leverkusen & Union Berlin? Bayer Leverkusen 4-1 Union Berlin
THE TEAM NEWS
- It has been a bad week for Bayer Leverkusen, who were thumped 4-0 at Borussia Dortmund last Saturday before losing to Lokomotiv Moscow in their opening Champions League fixture.
- Midfielder Kerem Demirbay will be assessed after missing Wednesday's match with a back problem but is likely to start ahead of Julian Baumgartlinger if passed fit.
- Joel Pohjanpalo is back in training following a lengthy absence and coach Peter Bosz has no other injury concerns, but he does not tend to rotate heavily.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Hradecky; L. Bender, S. Bender, Tah, Wendell; Demirbay, Aranguiz; Bellarbi, Havertz, Bailey; Volland
Unavailable: Pohjanpalo (Injured)
Doubtful: Demirbay (Injured)
- Union Berlin failed to follow on from their impressive win over Borussia Dortmund before the international break as they went down to a 2-1 defeat at home to Werder Bremen last Saturday.
- Centre-back Keven Schlotterbeck is set to go straight back into the side with Neven Subotic suspended following his dismissal against Bremen.
- Striker Marcus Ingvartsen could also return to the team having recovered from his injury, while Florian Hubner returned to full training this week after two and a half months out.
Predicted line-up (4-4-2): Gikiewicz; Trimmel, Schlotterbeck, Friedrich, Lenz; Becker, Gentner, Andrich, Bulter; Andersson, Ingvartsen
Unavailable: Promel (Injured), Subotic (Suspended)
Doubtful: Hubner (Injured)
Leverkusen's performance at Dortmund last weekend was better than the 4-0 scoreline suggests and their talented attack should prove too hot for newcomers Union Berlin to handle. The Werkself are unbeaten in five home Bundesliga games and should return to winning ways on Saturday.