2019-20 Bundesliga – Bayer Leverkusen vs Paderborn Betting Preview & Prediction
When does Bayer Leverkusen vs Paderborn kick off? Saturday 17th August, 2019 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Bayer Leverkusen vs Paderborn being played? BayArena
What is the weather forecast for Bayer Leverkusen vs Paderborn? Cloudy, 22c
What television channel is Bayer Leverkusen vs Paderborn on? Some Bundesliga matches are televised on BT Sport so check here for their TV schedule
Where can I stream Bayer Leverkusen vs Paderborn? If televised on BT Sport, this match can be streamed live via the BT Sport website and app
Where can I get tickets for Bayer Leverkusen vs Paderborn?
Bayer Leverkusen – https://ticketshop.bayer04.de/SpielAuswahl
Paderborn – https://www.eventimsports.de/ols/scp07/de
What was the score when the teams last met? Paderborn 0-3 Bayer Leverkusen
THE TEAM NEWS
Predicted line-up (3-4-2-1): Hradecky; Dragovic, S. Bender, Tah; Bellarabi, Demirbay, Aranguiz, Wendell; Havertz, Bailey; Volland
Unavailable: Weiser (Injured), Pohjanpalo (Injured)
- Bayer Leverkusen have high hopes for this season after a strong second half of the 2018/19 campaign and they started with a comfortable 4-1 win over Alemannia Aachen in the DFB Cup last Saturday.
- Summer signings from Hoffenheim Kerem Demirbay and Nadiem Amiri went straight into the side in Aachen but Daley Sinkgraven and Moussa Diaby were only on the bench, with the latter coming on.
- Lukas Hradecky, Tin Jedvaj and Lars Bender were not risked last weekend but have all been passed fit, while Leon Bailey should start in attack having come off the bench and scored against Aachen.
Predicted line-up (4-4-2): Huth; Jans, Strohdiek, Hunemeier, Holtmann; Proger, Gjasula, Vasiliadis, Antwi-Adjej; Michel, Mamba
Unavailable: Zingerle (Injured), Schonlau (Injured)
Doubtful: Dorfler (Injured)
- After back-to-back promotion, Paderborn face a tough start to only their second season in the top flight and they have lost key duo Philipp Klement and Bernard Tekpetey, who hit 26 of their 76 league goals in 2018/19.
- Coach Steffen Baumgart will be hoping that new signing Streli Mamba, who scored in the cup last weekend, can replace some of those goals while Mainz loanee Gerrit Holtmann adds some much-needed Bundesliga experience.
- Summer signing Jannik Huth is set to start in goal with Leopold Zingerle out injured, while Sven Michel is expected to be preferred to Ben Zolinski alongside Mamba up front.
Bayer Leverkusen scored freely for much of last season, with half of their 34 league matches producing over 3.5 goals. They warmed up for this one with a 4-1 win in the cup last weekend and having held on to the likes of Havertz and Bailey, they should have some joy against newly promoted Paderborn.
BETTING TIP: Over (Over or under 3.5 goals)