When does Bayer Leverkusen vs Mainz kick off? Saturday 27th June, 2020 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Bayer Leverkusen vs Mainz being played? BayArena
Where can I get tickets for Bayer Leverkusen vs Mainz? No tickets are available as Bundesliga 1 matches are currently taking place behind closed doors
What TV channel is Bayer Leverkusen vs Mainz on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Bayer Leverkusen vs Mainz in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Bet365 subscribers can stream German Bundesliga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Bayer Leverkusen’s top four fate is now out of their own hands after they suffered an untimely defeat on the road at Hertha last week and must now win this clash with Mainz and hope Borussia Monchengladbach lose to the same side if they are to finish fourth.
- A below-par first half showing resulted in Leverkusen trailing at the break and Hertha were able to double their lead less than 10 minutes into the second period with the visitors unable to muster a response.
- Leverkusen cannot dwell on that loss and must start well but they will be without the suspended Aleksandar Dragovic while Lars Bender and Karim Bellarabi are doubtful although the latter is expected to feature.
- Mainz have endured an indifferent season but can end it on a real high having made it back-to-back wins thanks to a comfortable win over Werder Bremen and they will be eager to make it three wins in a row as they wrap their campaign up.
- A solid first half saw Mainz take a two-goal advantage into the break with Robin Quaison and Jean-Paul Boetius finding the back of the net and despite Werder pulling one back, Mainz were able to add a third with five minutes remaining through Edimilson Fernandes.
- Goalscorer Boetius will be absent for his side’s final game of the season after collecting his fifth booking of the campaign while Danny Latza is a doubt after picking up a knock which forced him from the field against Bremen.
Bayer Leverkusen could be left to rue their defeat to Hertha last
week as they fell out of the top four with just one match in the
Bundesliga season remaining. They must now win this game and hope
Borussia Monchengladbach lose their game or they will have to settle for
fifth spot. Mainz will not make it easy for Levekusen and come into
this with a renewed confidence after winning their last two and having
failed to score in just one of their last 10 away games in the league,
the visitors should be able to find the back of the net along with the