When does Bayer Leverkusen vs Koln kick off? Wednesday 17th June, 2020 – 19:30 (UK)
Where is Bayer Leverkusen vs Koln being played? BayArena
Where can I get tickets for Bayer Leverkusen vs Koln? No tickets are available as Bundesliga 1 matches are currently taking place behind closed doors
What TV channel is Bayer Leverkusen vs Koln on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Bayer Leverkusen vs Koln in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Bet365 subscribers can stream German Bundesliga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- The pressure is back on Bayer Leverkusen after Borussia Monchengladbach leapfrogged them into fourth spot with their convincing win over Wolfsburg on Tuesday and they will need to show a response to their poor showing against Schalke 04.
- The away side were well-fancied to come out on top of their trip to Schalke but fell behind to a penalty just after the break and looked set for a very disappointing loss until they salvaged a draw thanks to an own goal from the hosts in the final 10 minutes.
- A point was still not a positive result for Leverkusen and they have some issues to deal with as they attempt to get themselves back into the top four with Lucas Alario suspended after picking up his fifth booking of the campaign on Sunday.
- Koln’s winless streak continued as they were beaten by Union Berlin at the weekend as they failed to win for the seventh consecutive league match but their place in the league is almost certainly secure despite their poor run of form.
- The hosts were on top for large spells but failed to make their chances count and found themselves 0-2 down before a Jhon Cordoba consolation strike in stoppage time, leaving Koln with little time to find a leveller.
- Koln will are likely to once again be without young winger Ismail Jakobs while Simon Terodde and Jan Thielmann are also doubtful and Dominick Drexler’s spot is under threat after he only lasted a half following an underwhelming showing at the weekend.
Bayer Leverkusen cannot afford to drop many more points if they are
to qualify for next season’s Champions League and come into this game in
fifth spot after Borussia Monchengladbach went above them with a win on
Tuesday. Leverkusen can retake that spot with a win in this game
against Koln and will be confident of responding to their poor showing
against Schalke 04 against their visitors here who are without a win in
seven. That abject run of form is likely to see the away side struggle
once again and Leverkusen should be able to take advantage by claiming
all three points.