2019-20 Bundesliga – Bayer Leverkusen vs Hoffenheim Preview & Prediction
When does Bayer Leverkusen vs Hoffenheim kick off? Saturday 31st August, 2019 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Bayer Leverkusen vs Hoffenheim being played? BayArena
What is the weather forecast for Bayer Leverkusen vs Hoffenheim? Clear, 27c
What television channel is Bayer Leverkusen vs Hoffenheim on? Some Bundesliga matches are televised on BT Sport so check here for their TV schedule
Where can I stream Bayer Leverkusen vs Hoffenheim? If televised on BT Sport, this match can be streamed live via the BT Sport website and app
Where can I get tickets for Bayer Leverkusen vs Hoffenheim?
Bayer Leverkusen – https://ticketshop.bayer04.de/SpielAuswahl
Hoffenheim – https://www.achtzehn99.de/tickets/online-kaufen/
What was the score when the teams last met? Hoffenheim 4-1 Bayer Leverkusen
THE TEAM NEWS
- Bayer Leverkusen have collected maximum points from their first two Bundesliga games, following up their 3-2 win over Paderborn with a 3-1 success away to Fortuna Dusseldorf last Saturday.
- Coach Peter Bosz switched to a back four against Dusseldorf so it remains to be seen what formation he will go with this time, but there is unlikely to be much change in personnel.
- Kerem Demirbay is set to start against his former club but Nadiem Amiri, who also joined from Hoffenheim in the summer, will likely be on the bench again, while Joel Pohjanpalo is the sole absentee.
Predicted line-up (4-1-4-1): Hradecky; L. Bender, S. Bender, Tah, Wendell; Aranguiz; Bellarbi, Havertz, Demirbay, Bailey; Volland
Unavailable: Pohjanpalo (Injured)
- Hoffenheim edged out Werder Bremen in a five-goal thriller last Saturday to record their first Bundesliga win under new coach Alfred Schreuder.
- Adam Szalai has left for Mainz 05 but his place has been taken by Jurgen Locadia, who has joined on loan from Brighton and adds another option up front with Andrej Kramaric still sidelined.
- Striker Ishak Belfodil could be fit enough to start having come off the bench in the last two games, while Steven Zuber and Florian Grillitsch could return in midfield following knocks.
Predicted line-up (3-5-2): Baumann; Posch, Bicakcic, Vogt; Kaderabek, Geiger, Rudy, Grillitsch, Zuber; Bebou, Belfodil
Unavailable: Kramaric (Injured)
Doubtful: Ochs (Injured), Hubner (Injured), Zuber (Injured)
The last three meetings between these two sides have ended 4-1 and Saturday's clash has the makings of another high-scoring affair. Bayer Leverkusen have been free-scoring since Bosz took charge, while Hoffenheim have netted two or more goals in 12 of their last 16 Bundesliga away games.