2019-20 Bundesliga – Bayer Leverkusen vs Bayern Munich Preview & Prediction
When does Bayer Leverkusen vs Bayern Munich kick off? Saturday 6th June, 2020 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Bayer Leverkusen vs Bayern Munich being played? BayArena
Where can I get tickets for Bayer Leverkusen vs Bayern Munich? No tickets are available as Bundesliga 1 matches are currently taking place behind closed doors
What TV channel is Bayer Leverkusen vs Bayern Munich on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Bayer Leverkusen vs Bayern Munich in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Bet365 subscribers can stream German Bundesliga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Bayer Leverkusen put in a professional display as they were able to bounce back from their horror show against Wolfsburg by doing enough to see off Freiburg last week but they now face a hugely difficult challenge as they host champions elect Bayern Munich.
- Leverkusen were the better team throughout but were left frustrated in the first half as they failed to find the back of the net but Kai Havertz continued his solid form by putting his side ahead just nine minutes into the second half.
- Leverkusen pushed for further goals but it was not to be as they had to settle for the single-goal victory but they were hampered by the loss of goalscorer Havertz who was forced off with a knock, although it is not expected to keep him out of this contest while Kevin Volland is also back in contention following injury.
- Bayern Munich put in a ruthless performance as they put five goals past Fortuna Dusseldorf last week to take another step closer to retaining their Bundesliga title but they will be tested on this trip to Bayer Leverkusen.
- An own goal gave them the lead before Benjamin Pavard, two goals from Robert Lewandowski and Alphonso Davies saw them rack up five goals before the hour mark as they made it eight successive victories in the league.
- Bayern will still be without a handful of injured players such as Philippe Coutinho and Niklas Sule but they could be boosted by the availability of Thiago who is back in training and pushing for a place in the matchday squad.
Bayern Munich’s charge towards yet another Bundesliga title shows no
signs of relenting but they know this will be a tricky task on the road
at Bayer Leverkusen. The hosts got back to winning ways last week as
their challenge for the top four got back on track and will be desperate
to avoid defeat in this contest in what would be a real bonus for them.
The availability of Kai Havertz will be vital for Leverkusen but even
with the in-form youngster in the side, they are unlikely to be good
enough here with Bayern set to roll on with their ninth consecutive
victory in the league.