When does Augsburg vs Wolfsburg kick off? Saturday 16th May, 2020 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Augsburg vs Wolfsburg being played? WWK Arena
What TV channel is Augsburg vs Wolfsburg on in the UK? BT Sport Extra 1
Where can I stream Augsburg vs Wolfsburg in the UK? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app
Where can I get tickets for Augsburg vs Wolfsburg? No tickets are available as Bundesliga 1 matches are currently taking place behind closed doors
What was the score in the last meeting between Augsburg & Wolfsburg? Wolfsburg 0-0 Augsburg
THE TEAM NEWS
- Augsburg decided to part ways with Martin Schmidt following a poor run of form which saw them fail to win any of their last five Bundesliga matches and having won just one of their last nine, they now find themselves in relegation trouble.
- New head coach Heiko Herrlich was denied the chance to oversee his first game in charge when this fixture was originally due to take place in March but the break may work in his favour having been given more time to assess his squad.
- Herrlich is likely to have plenty of options at his disposal for this clash with the club boasting a minimal injury list and Simon Asta could be the only player missing with the defender unlikely to feature again this season.
- Wolfsburg are right in the mix for a place in Europe and they will hope to get off to a strong start on the resumption of the Bundesliga as they look to extend the six-match unbeaten run they had managed to string together in the league before it was suspended.
- While a finish in fifth or above looks unlikely, sixth place is still very much in their reach but the competition for that Europa League qualifying spot is set to be fierce and Wolfsburg must continue to pick up points on a regular basis.
- They were in good scoring form on the road before the imposed interruption on proceedings and their nine goals in their last three away games resulted in seven points but their ability in front of goal is likely to be hampered by the loss of top-scorer Wout Weghorst through suspension.
Augsburg will have a new man in the dugout for this clash with Wolfsburg as
Heiko Herrlich belatedly takes charge of his side for the first time. He
will have had plenty of time to assess his options ahead of this game
but that does not necessarily mean that his ideas have been sufficiently
impressed upon his new side. Augsburg were stuck in a rut when Herrlich
was appointed and this is a tricky contest against a Wolfsburg side who
are unbeaten in their last six Bundesliga matches with the visitors
likely to earn a point at the very least from this one.