When does Augsburg vs Hoffenheim kick off? Wednesday 17th June, 2020 – 19:30 (UK)
Where is Augsburg vs Hoffenheim being played? WWK Arena
Where can I get tickets for Augsburg vs Hoffenheim? No tickets are available as Bundesliga 1 matches are currently taking place behind closed doors
What TV channel is Augsburg vs Hoffenheim on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Augsburg vs Hoffenheim in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Bet365 subscribers can stream German Bundesliga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Augsburg ended their three-match winless run as they were able to collect the win on the road at Mainz at the weekend with that victory all but securing their spot in next season’s Bundesliga as they opened up a seven-point gap over the relegation zone.
- They made an outstanding start to the match with Florian Niederlechner finding the back of the net inside the opening minute and his strike proved enough to earn Augsburg all three points with Mainz unable to get back into the contest despite piling on the pressure.
- The fact that Augsburg were able to stand firm defensively will give them a boost ahead of this clash with Hoffenheim and they have no new injury issues to contend with which could see them name the same starting XI that took to the field at the weekend.
- Hoffenheim were unable to extend their unbeaten run to five matches as they fell to defeat at home to RB Leipzig on Friday with their poor start to that contest punished in what was a blow to their chances of finishing in sixth place.
- The hosts found themselves 0-2 down inside 11 minutes and they were unable to respond with those two efforts proving to be the end of the scoring which sees them come into this contest three points behind sixth-placed Wolfsburg.
- Following their first loss since the dismissal of head coach Alfred Schreuder, Hoffenheim will have to respond here and they will be boosted by the return of captain Benjamin Hubner who is likely to come straight back into the side after serving a suspension.
Augsburg picked up a valuable three points in their quest to remain
in the Bundesliga and it is now extremely unlikely that they will be
sucked into the relegation fight. They face Hoffenheim who are chasing a
spot in the Europa League and will be eager to close the gap on the
teams above them after they suffered their first loss in five in the
last round of fixtures. With Augsburg failing to win any of their last
five at home and Hoffenheim unbeaten in six on the road, it is likely
that the away side can avoid defeat at the very least in this contest.