2019-20 Bundesliga – Augsburg vs Borussia Monchengladbach Preview & Prediction
When does Augsburg vs Borussia Monchengladbach kick off? Saturday 29th February, 2020 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Augsburg vs Borussia Monchengladbach being played? WWK Arena
What TV channel is Augsburg vs Borussia Monchengladbach on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Augsburg vs Borussia Monchengladbach in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Augsburg vs Borussia Monchengladbach?
Borussia Monchengladbach – https://www.borussia-ticketing.de/default.aspx
What was the score in the last meeting between Augsburg & Borussia Monchengladbach? Borussia Monchengladbach 5-1 Augsburg
THE TEAM NEWS
- Augsburg have won just one of their last seven Bundesliga matches but they are still comfortably in mid-table for now.
- Captain Baier is suspended after picking up his fifth yellow card of the season against Bayer Leverkusen, so Gruezo or Lowen could be recalled in midfield.
- Moravek and Hahn are doubts due to injury and illness respectively while Cordova, Asta, Schieber and Giefer are set to miss out again.
Predicted line-up (4-4-2): Koubek; Framberger, Gouweleeuw, Jedvaj, Iago; Richter, Khedira, Gruezo, Max; Finnbogason, Niederlechner
Unavailable: Cordova (Injured), Asta (Injured), Schieber (Injured), Giefer (Injured), Baier (Suspended)
Doubtful: Moravek (Injured), Hahn (Illness)
- Borussia Monchengladbach were denied victory by a stoppage-time equaliser at home to Hoffenheim last Saturday, leaving them six points off the top.
- Johnson will be monitored after missing the last game with a cold but fellow winger Bennetts returned to full training this week.
- Fit-again Bensebaini could be restored at left-back in place of Wendt but otherwise it is likely to be an unchanged line-up.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Sommer; Lainer, Ginter, Elvedi, Bensebaini; Neuhaus, Zakaria; Hofmann, Stindl, Thuram; Plea
Doubtful: Johnson (Illness), Bennetts (Injured)
Fans at the WWK Arena have seen no shortage of goals this season. Nine of Augsburg's last 10 home league games have produced three or more goals and given that the reverse fixture finished 5-1 to Gladbach, who are yet to keep a clean sheet this year, another high-scoring encounter is on the cards.