2019-20 Bundesliga 2 – Wehen Wiesbaden vs Sandhausen Preview & Prediction
When does Wehen Wiesbaden vs Sandhausen kick off? Tuesday 26th May, 2020 – 17:30 (UK)
Where is Wehen Wiesbaden vs Sandhausen being played? BRITA-Arena
Where can I get tickets for Wehen Wiesbaden vs Sandhausen? No tickets are available as Bundesliga 2 matches are currently taking place behind closed doors
What TV channel is Wehen Wiesbaden vs Sandhausen on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga 2 matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Wehen Wiesbaden vs Sandhausen in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Bet365 subscribers can stream German Bundesliga 2 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Wehen Wiesbaden were unable to build on their shock win over Stuttgart last week as they fell to a narrow loss against Heidenheim at the weekend and they will be eager to respond against one of their relegations rivals.
- Wehen were right in the game until the final 30 minutes when the hosts started to apply some significant pressure and broke the deadlock in the 70th minute which proved to be enough to condemn the visitors to defeat.
- Wehen thought they had levelled through Torles Knoll only for VAR to rule his effort out and they will need to overcome that disappointment as quickly as possible in this clash but they could be without captain Sebastian Mrowca who picked up a knock while Stefan Aigner is suspended.
- Sandhausen fell into further relegation difficulty as their winless run in Bundesliga 2 continued at the weekend with a goalless draw against Jahn Regensburg meaning they have not won any of their last eight matches.
- Sandhausen put in a solid display and were far the better side in the second half but could not break the deadlock as they had to settle for a point with them now sitting just two points away from the relegation places.
- They desperately need to end their poor run of form and this game would be the perfect game to start against a relegation rival but they will still be without Mario Engels and Rurik Gisalason for this important contest.
The outcome of this match could have big ramifications for the loser
as Wehen Wiesbaden host Sandhausen. The race to avoid the drop is an
extremely tight one and every point is vital for both teams but it is
arguably Sandhausen that need a result more than Wehen in this game. The
visitors have failed to win any of their last eight league games which
has seen them slide down the table but Wehen have lost just one of their
last five home games and should be able to avoid defeat in this one.