2019-20 Bundesliga 2 – Wehen Wiesbaden vs Dynamo Dresden Preview & Prediction
When does Wehen Wiesbaden vs Dynamo Dresden kick off? Saturday 6th June, 2020 – 12:00 (UK)
Where is Wehen Wiesbaden vs Dynamo Dresden being played? BRITA-Arena
Where can I get tickets for Wehen Wiesbaden vs Dynamo Dresden? No tickets are available as Bundesliga 2 matches are currently taking place behind closed doors
What TV channel is Wehen Wiesbaden vs Dynamo Dresden on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga 2 matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Wehen Wiesbaden vs Dynamo Dresden in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Bet365 subscribers can stream German Bundesliga 2 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Wehen Wiesbaden put in a decent display on the road at Hamburger SV last week but it was not enough as they slipped to a third consecutive defeat which left them in the Bundesliga 2 relegation zone.
- Manuel Schaffler opened the scoring before Hamburg hit back twice to lead at half-time but Schaffler was able to convert from the spot to bring the scores level and Wehen looked like they would frustrate the hosts.
- It was not meant to be however, with Hamburg scoring a third to seal the win inside the final 15 minutes but this is a huge opportunity to pick up their first win in four as they host bottom side Dynamo Dresden and will be boosted by the return of Tobias Schwede who has served a ban.
- Dynamo Dresden were again unable to even find the back of the net as their second game back in action ended in defeat at the hands of Hannover 96 and they must find a way to pick up some points soon or find themselves cut adrift at the foot of the table.
- They already come into this contest four points behind the side they come up against in this clash and anything but a win could prove to be a devastating blow following the 3-0 loss to Hannover in midweek.
- Dresden trailed by three goals at the break in what was another lacklustre display and they suffered some injury issues in that clash with Dzenis Burnic ruled out for the season with a torn ankle ligament while captain Florian Ballas is also a doubt and could join an ever-growling injury list.
This is a monumental game at the foot of the Bundesliga 2 table as
the bottom two face off against each other. Neither Wehen Wiesbaden nor
Dynamo Dresden can afford to lose this but there is perhaps greater
emphasis on this for the visitors. They are four points behind their
opponents ahead of this game and cannot afford to lose any further
ground with matches beginning to run out for them. Dresden have a long
injury list and could be without their skipper for this game which would
be a devastating blow. Without a goal in either of their matches since
the restart, Dynamo must show big signs of improvement but Wehen can
build on a solid effort against Hamburger SV to claim a vital three
points and push the visitors into further trouble.