When does Stuttgart vs Heidenheim kick off? Wednesday 29th January, 2020 – 17:30 (UK)
Where is Stuttgart vs Heidenheim being played? Mercedes-Benz-Arena
What TV channel is Stuttgart vs Heidenheim on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga 2 matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Stuttgart vs Heidenheim in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Stuttgart vs Heidenheim?
Stuttgart – https://shop.vfb.de/tickets/heimspiele/
What was the score in the last meeting between Stuttgart & Heidenheim? Heidenheim 2-2 Stuttgart
THE TEAM NEWS
- Despite being third in the standings, Stuttgart parted company with coach Walter at the end of the year, replacing him with former Hoffenheim assistant Matarazzo.
- Matarazzo is short on centre-backs for his debut with Badstuber, Kaminski and Mack all ruled out and Awoudja a doubt, so loanee Phillips is set to partner Kempf.
- Castro is suspended after collecting his fifth booking so youngsters Egloff and Aidonis could be included in the squad, as could new signing Churlinov.
Predicted line-up (4-4-1-1): Kobel; Stenzel, Phillips, Kempf, Sosa; Wamangituka, Endo, Mangala, Gonzalez; Didavi; Al Ghaddioui
Unavailable: Kalajdzic (Injured), Kaminski (Injured), Mack (Injured), Badstuber (Injured), Castro (Suspended)
Doubtful: Awoudja (Injured), Klimowicz (Illness)
- Heidenheim go into this meeting just one point behind their opponents having collected 13 points from the last 18 available.
- Continuity remains the magic word at Heidenheim and it has been a fairly quiet transfer window, with Mohr joining from Greuther Furth and Schmidt departing on loan.
- Griesbeck and Thomalla are expected to be available having been out for the last couple of months while long-term absentee Thiel is continuing his recovery.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Muller; Busch, Husing, Mainka, Theuerkauf; Griesbeck, Dorsch; Schnatterer, Leipertz, Mohr; Kleindienst
Unavailable: Thiel (Injured)
Doubtful: Thomalla (Injured), Griesbeck (Injured)
Stuttgart begin life under their fifth different coach in the space of two years with a tricky match against Heidenheim, a task made harder by defensive injuries. The hosts are normally good for a goal or two at home, though, and after a 2-2 draw in the reverse fixture, goals can be expected again.