2019-20 Bundesliga 2 – St. Pauli vs Greuther Furth Betting Preview & Prediction
When does St. Pauli vs Greuther Furth kick off? Friday 2nd August, 2019 – 19:30 (UK)
Where is St. Pauli vs Greuther Furth being played? Millerntor-Stadion
What is the weather forecast for St. Pauli vs Greuther Furth? Clear, 26c
What television channel is St. Pauli vs Greuther Furth on? Some Bundesliga 2 matches are televised on BT Sport so check here for their TV schedule
Where can I stream St. Pauli vs Greuther Furth? If televised on BT Sport, this match can be streamed via the BT Sport website and app
Where can I get tickets for St. Pauli vs Greuther Furth?
St. Pauli – https://www.fcstpauli.com/tickets/heimspiele/
What was the score when the teams last met? Greuther Furth 2-1 St. Pauli
THE TEAM NEWS
Predicted line-up (4-1-4-1): Himmelmann; Park, Avevor, Knoll, Buballa; Hornschuh; Miyaichi, Becker, Daehli, Conteh; Diamantakos
Unavailable: Veerman (Injured), Tashchy (Injured), Flum (Injured), Zander (Injured), Benatelli (Injured), Ostigard (Injured)
Doubtful: Ziereis (Injured)
- A last-minute equaliser denied St. Pauli an opening win at Arminia Bielefeld on Monday night but they could have little complaints about the result and must recover quickly for this Friday night clash.
- There were no new signings in Jos Luhukay's starting XI on Monday but Marc Hornschuh made his long-awaited comeback from injury and youngster Christian Conteh was handed a debut, which he crowned with a goal.
- Brighton loanee Viktor Gyokeres made a late cameo against Bielefeld and will be hopeful of featuring again with Borys Tashchy and Henk Veerman sidelined by injuries, leaving Dimitrios Diamantakos as the only other fit striker.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Burchert; Meyerhofer, Caligiuri, Mavraj, Wittek; Green, Seguin, Mohr; Stefaniak, Keita-Ruel, Redondo
Unavailable: Steininger (Out of favour), Parker (Out of favour)
- Greuther Furth started their campaign with a 2-0 defeat at home to Erzgebirge Aue, despite creating the better chances, and have won just one of their last seven Bundesliga II matches stretching back to last season.
- Summer signings Marco Meyerhofer, Marvin Stefaniak and Mergim Mavraj all went straight into the starting line-up against Aue while Havard Nielsen came off the bench for his debut, as did 18-year-old Jamie Leweling.
- Strikers Daniel Steininger and Shawn Parker remain out of the first-team picture under coach Stefan Leitl and will play no part, but otherwise Leitl has a full squad to pick from for the trip to Hamburg.
St. Pauli have scored no more than one goal in six of their last seven league games at home and Luhukay is regarded as one of the more defensive-minded coaches around. Greuther Furth were one of only two sides that failed to score on the opening weekend so this could be a low-scoring affair.
Betting tip: Under (Over or under 2.5 goals)