2019-20 Bundesliga 2 – St. Pauli vs Arminia Bielefeld Preview & Prediction
When does St. Pauli vs Arminia Bielefeld kick off? Saturday 21st December, 2019 – 12:00 (UK)
Where is St. Pauli vs Arminia Bielefeld being played? Millerntor-Stadion
What TV channel is St. Pauli vs Arminia Bielefeld on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga 2 matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream St. Pauli vs Arminia Bielefeld in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for St. Pauli vs Arminia Bielefeld?
St. Pauli – https://www.fcstpauli.com/tickets/heimspiele/
Arminia Bielefeld – https://www.eventimsports.de/ols/dsc-auswaerts/de/auswaerts/channel/shop/index
What was the score in the last meeting between St. Pauli & Arminia Bielefeld? Arminia Bielefeld 1-1 St. Pauli
THE TEAM NEWS
- St. Pauli ended a run of three successive defeats and nine games in all competitions without a win by beating Wehen Wiesbaden 3-1 at home last Saturday.
- Centre-back Ziereis returns from suspension and should start with first-choice pairing Avevor and Lawrence both ruled out through injury.
- Coach Luhukay is hopeful that left-back Buballa will be fit enough to return, while Diamantakos and Flum also returned to full training this week and could be in the squad.
Predicted line-up (4-1-4-1): Himmelmann; Zander, Ziereis, Ostigard, Buballa; Becker; Miyaichi, Sobota, Buchtmann, Gyokeres; Veerman
Unavailable: Park Yi-Young (Injured), Avevor (Injured), Brodersen (Injured), Conteh (Injured), Lawrence (Injured), Penney (Injured)
Doubtful: Diamantakos (Injured), Buballa (Injured), Flum (Injured), Diarra (Injured), Carstens (Injured)
- Arminia Bielefeld were held to a draw for the third time in four games at Heidenheim last weekend but they remain four points clear at the top.
- Long-term absentees Quaschner and Behrendt remain sidelined but midfielder Yabo is closing in on a return having missed the last three games through injury and illness.
- Coach Neuhaus has no new personnel issues and could field an unchanged team, with the back four and front three currently well-established.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Ortega Moreno; Brunner, Pieper, Nilsson, Hartherz; Prietl, Edmundsson, Hartel; Clauss, Klos, Voglsammer
Unavailable: Quaschner (Injured), Behrendt (Injured)
Doubtful: Yabo (Injured)
St. Pauli picked up a much-needed win last time out but it will be a big ask for them to get anything against leaders Arminia Bielefeld. Neuhaus' men are unbeaten on the road this season, dropping just four points, and should take all three home with them this time.