2019-20 Bundesliga 2 – Osnabruck vs Darmstadt 98 Betting Preview & Prediction
When does Osnabruck vs Darmstadt 98 kick off? Monday 19th August, 2019 – 19:30 (UK)
Where is Osnabruck vs Darmstadt 98 being played? Bremer Brücke
What is the weather forecast for Osnabruck vs Darmstadt 98? Cloudy, 18c
What television channel is Osnabruck vs Darmstadt 98 on? Some Bundesliga 2 matches are televised on BT Sport so check here for their TV schedule
Where can I stream Osnabruck vs Darmstadt 98? If televised on BT Sport, this match can be streamed via the BT Sport website and app
Where can I get tickets for Osnabruck vs Darmstadt 98?
What was the score when the teams last met? Osnabruck 1-1 Darmstadt 98
THE TEAM NEWS
- Osnabruck put in a commendable performance against Bundesliga side RB Leipzig in the cup last Sunday, losing 3-2, but it was their fourth successive defeat at home in all competitions.
- Coach Daniel Thioune has a lengthy injury list to contend with and Maurice Trapp, Simon Haubrock, Bashkim Ajdini, Konstantin Engel, Bryan Henning and Alexander Riemann are all set to miss out again, while Niklas Schmidt is doubtful.
- Centre-back Joost van Aken has signed on loan from Sheffield Wednesday and made his first appearance in a friendly on Wednesday, while striker Marcos Alvarez is pushing for a start after two goals in two substitute appearances.
Predicted line-up (4-5-1): Korber; Agu, Gugganig, Heyer, Wolze; Heider, Taffertshofer, Blacha, Farrona-Pulido, Amenyido; Alvarez
Unavailable: Trapp (Injured), Henning (Injured), Riemann (Injured), Engel (Injured), Ajdini (Injured), Haubrock (Injured)
Doubtful: Schmidt (Injured)
- Darmstadt 98 picked up four points from two tough fixtures in the league before thrashing fifth-tier side FC Oberneuland 6-1 in the DFB Cup last Sunday.
- Coach Dimitrios Grammozis made just one change to his side for that match and Fabian Schnellhardt could keep his place in midfield ahead of Victor Palsson after getting on the scoresheet.
- Erich Berko got a few minutes in a friendly in midweek but is unlikely to travel, while Grammozis must choose between Florian Stritzel and new signing Carl Klaus to deputise for the injured Marcel Schuhen in goal.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Stritzel; Herrmann, Dumic, Hohn, Holland; Stark; Heller, Mehlem, Schnellhardt, Skarke; Dursun
Unavailable: Von Haacke (Injured), Manu (Injured), Platte (Injured), Schuhen (Injured)
Doubtful: Berko (Injured), Honsak (Injured)
Darmstadt will travel to Osnabruck in confident mood after scoring six goals in the cup last weekend and they can also take encouragement from the fact that they have lost just two of their last 12 league games. With an extra day's rest, they should claim all three points against the promoted side.
Betting tip: Darmstadt 98 (Match result)