2019-20 Bundesliga 2 – Nurnberg vs Hamburger SV Betting Preview & Prediction
When does Nurnberg vs Hamburger SV kick off? Monday 5th August, 2019 – 19:30 (UK)
Where is Nurnberg vs Hamburger SV being played? Max-Morlock-Stadion
What is the weather forecast for Nurnberg vs Hamburger SV? Cloudy, 18c
What television channel is Nurnberg vs Hamburger SV on? Some Bundesliga 2 matches are televised on BT Sport so check here for their TV schedule
Where can I stream Nurnberg vs Hamburger SV? If televised on BT Sport, this match can be streamed via the BT Sport website and app
Where can I get tickets for Nurnberg vs Hamburger SV?
Hamburger SV – https://shop.hsv.de/tickets/auswaertsspiele/
What was the score when the teams last met? Hamburger SV 1-0 Nurnberg
THE TEAM NEWS
Predicted line-up (3-4-2-1): Mathenia; Margreitter, Erras, Sorensen; Sorg, Behrens, Jager, Handwerker; Dovedan, Hack; Ishak
Unavailable: Misidjan (Injured), Zrelak (Injured), Fuchs (Injured), Lohkemper (Injured)
Doubtful: Schleusener (Injured)
- Nurnberg put in a solid performance in their opening match at Dynamo Dresden last weekend as they claimed a 1-0 win and new coach Damir Canadi will be hoping for more of the same in his home debut on Monday evening.
- Canadi started with four of his summer signings in Dresden in Asger Sorensen, Tim Handwerker, Robin Hack and Nikola Dovedan but strikers Felix Lohkemper and Fabian Schleusener were not fit enough to travel.
- Oliver Sorg impressed on his debut after replacing Enrico Valentini at half-time against Dresden and is pushing for selection at right-back, but Canadi is unlikely to make any other changes to his side.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Daniel Heuer; Gyamerah, Papadopoulos, Van Drongelen, Leibold; Fein, Hunt, Dudziak; Narey, Hinterseer, Jatta
Unavailable: Ewerton (Injured)
Doubtful: Jung (Injured), Letschert (Injured)
- A penalty deep into stoppage time salvaged a point for Hamburger SV at home to Darmstadt 98 last Sunday in their first game under new boss Dieter Hecking, although the point was deserved after dominating for most of the match.
- HSV lined up in a 4-3-3 formation against Darmstadt with Hecking naming no fewer than six new signings in the starting line-up, including left-back Tim Leibold who is set to face the club he left this summer.
- Gideon Jung and Timo Letschert both returned to full training in midweek after missing the opening match but centre-back Ewerton will miss out against his former club as he continues to work his way back to full fitness.
Two likely candidates for promotion go head-to-head in what is the standout fixture in Bundesliga II this weekend. Nurnberg were solid defensively in their 1-0 win at Dynamo Dresden while Hamburg were wasteful in their draw with Darmstadt, so this could be a tight, low-scoring encounter.
Betting tip: (under) Over or under 2.5 goals