2019-20 Bundesliga 2 – Nurnberg vs Erzgebirge Aue Preview & Prediction
When does Nurnberg vs Erzgebirge Aue kick off? Friday 22nd May, 2020 – 17:30 (UK)
Where is Nurnberg vs Erzgebirge Aue being played? Max-Morlock-Stadion
Where can I get tickets for Nurnberg vs Erzgebirge Aue? No tickets are available as Bundesliga 2 matches are currently taking place behind closed doors
What TV channel is Nurnberg vs Erzgebirge Aue on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga 2 matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Nurnberg vs Erzgebirge Aue in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Bet365 subscribers can stream German Bundesliga 2 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Nurnberg suffered a late defeat at the hands of St. Pauli last week and were sucked further into the relegation scrap as a result with them now winning just one of their last five Bundesliga 2 fixtures.
- After an end-to-end first half ended goalless, Nurnberg’s task of taking something from the game became more difficult when goalkeeper Christian Mathenia was given his marching orders for charging out of his goal and failing to win the ball in a challenge just 10 minutes into the second half.
- Nurnberg looked like they would hang on to claim a valuable point but conceded with just six minutes remaining to succumb to defeat and they must now deal with absence of Mathenia with Felix Dornebusch set to deputise.
- Erzgebirge Aue made a winning return to action as they overcame Sandhausen with a straightforward victory but they were given a big helping hand as their opponents were reduced to 10 men inside the opening five minutes of the contest.
- Aue were building some good early pressure when they were awarded a penalty after breaching Sandhausen’s backline with Dimitrij Nazarov making no mistake from the spot but they had to wait until the second half before adding to that total.
- Goals in quick succession from Florian Kruger and Malcom Cacutalua gave Aue a comfortable lead before conceding a late consolation but that will not worry them and they will be boosted by the return of suspended duo Tom Baumgart and Calogero Rizzuto for this clash.
Erzgebirge Aue continued their fine season on home soil with a win
last weekend but their challenge will now be trying to back that
performance up on the road. After winning their opening away game of the
campaign back in July, Aue have since failed to win any of their next
12 and that issue will prevent them from staying in touch with the race
for promotion if it is not fixed immediately. They travel to struggling
Nurnberg here but the hosts have won just three of their home games in
Bundesliga 2 this season and that can open the door for the visitors to
pick up at least a point here.