2019-20 Bundesliga 2 – Holstein Kiel vs Erzgebirge Aue Preview & Prediction
When does Holstein Kiel vs Erzgebirge Aue kick off? Sunday 1st September, 2019 – 12:30 (UK)
Where is Holstein Kiel vs Erzgebirge Aue being played? Holstein-Stadion
What is the weather forecast for Holstein Kiel vs Erzgebirge Aue? Cloudy, 21c
What television channel is Holstein Kiel vs Erzgebirge Aue on? Some Bundesliga 2 matches are televised on BT Sport so check here for their TV schedule
Where can I stream Holstein Kiel vs Erzgebirge Aue? If televised on BT Sport, this match can be streamed via the BT Sport website and app
Where can I get tickets for Holstein Kiel vs Erzgebirge Aue?
What was the score when the teams last met? Holstein Kiel 5-1 Erzgebirge Aue
THE TEAM NEWS
- Holstein Kiel's 2-1 defeat at St. Pauli on Monday compounded a disappointing start to the season which has seen them take four points from their opening four matches.
- Philipp Sander has been ruled out after going off injured against St. Pauli so with Jonas Meffert still suspended, loan signing Salim Khelifi is set for his full debut.
- Coach Andre Schubert is expected to revert to the 3-4-3 formation used in the recent home win against Karlsruher, meaning Dominik Schmidt should return in the centre of defence.
Predicted line-up (3-4-3): Reimann; Schmidt, Neumann, Wahl; Todorovic, Ozcan, Muhling, Van den Bergh; Khelifi, Lee Jae-Sung, Baku
Unavailable: Dehm (Injured), Sander (Injured), Meffert (Suspended)
- Erzgebirge Aue managed to frustrate ten-man Stuttgart and hold them to a goalless draw at home last Friday, in what turned out to be their only game under caretaker coach Marc Hensel.
- Former Darmstadt boss Dirk Schuster was appointed the club's new head coach this week so it is uncertain what formation the team will line up in.
- Steve Breitkreuz, Louis Samson and Dennis Kempe are all closing in on a return to action but are unlikely to feature here, while Malcolm Cacutalua is the only long-term absentee.
Predicted line-up (5-4-1): Mannel; Baumgart, Gonther, Kalig, Mihojevic, Rizzuto; Nazarov, Riese, Fandrich, Hochscheidt; Testroet
Unavailable: Cacutalua (Injured)
Doubtful: Kempe (Injured), Breitkreuz (Injured), Samson (Injured)
Holstein Kiel won 5-1 the last time these two sides met but they have only won three of their 12 Bundesliga II games since then. Facing a team with a new coach is always tricky but Erzgebirge Aue were doing quite well beforehand anyway, so the visitors look good value for draw no bet.