2019-20 Bundesliga 2 – Holstein Kiel vs Arminia Bielefeld Preview & Prediction
When does Holstein Kiel vs Arminia Bielefeld kick off? Saturday 30th May, 2020 – 12:00 (UK)
Where is Holstein Kiel vs Arminia Bielefeld being played? Holstein-Stadion
Where can I get tickets for Holstein Kiel vs Arminia Bielefeld? No tickets are available as Bundesliga 2 matches are currently taking place behind closed doors
What TV channel is Holstein Kiel vs Arminia Bielefeld on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga 2 matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Holstein Kiel vs Arminia Bielefeld in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Bet365 subscribers can stream German Bundesliga 2 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Holstein Kiel’s three-match unbeaten run in Bundesliga 2 was ended as they fell to a narrow defeat on the road at Bochum in midweek and now they face a tricky test in their bid to get back to winning ways as they host league leaders Arminia Bielefeld.
- Both teams had their chances but it was Bochum who took theirs first as they earned a two-goal advantage and despite Kiel pulling one back with just over 15 minutes remaining through Jonas Meffert, they were unable to get back on level terms.
- Kiel appeared to avoid any further injury issues in their midweek game but they may still opt to make changes with it being the third game in a week with Johannes van den Bergh hoping for a recall to the starting XI.
- Arminia Bielefeld did what was required as they played out a goalless draw with Hamburger SV last Sunday to maintain their big lead at the top of the Bundesliga 2 table and extended their unbeaten run to nine league matches in the process.
- The visitors were second best for much of the top of the table clash but defended well to keep Hamburg at bay and managed to avoid defeat which would have been their aim heading into the contest.
- Arminia are slowly edging their way to promotion but must will be keen to return to winning ways after drawing their last three matches and they could be boosted by the reappearance of Joan Simun Edmundsson who is closing in on a return to fitness.
Holstein Kiel have stuttered in their bid to earn promotion and could
not build on their important win over Stuttgart as they fell to defeat
away at Bochum. That defeat means they have won just one of their last
six fixtures and they now have the daunting task of facing league
leaders Arminia Bielefeld. The visitors moved another step closer to
promotion last weekend as they avoided defeat against rivals Hamburger SV
to extend their unbeaten run to nine matches and they should be able to
maintain that run by earning at least a point from this clash.