2019-20 Bundesliga 2 – Hamburger SV vs Wehen Wiesbaden Preview & Prediction
When does Hamburger SV vs Wehen Wiesbaden kick off? Sunday 31st May, 2020 – 12:30 (UK)
Where is Hamburger SV vs Wehen Wiesbaden being played? Volksparkstadion
Where can I get tickets for Hamburger SV vs Wehen Wiesbaden? No tickets are available as Bundesliga 2 matches are currently taking place behind closed doors
What TV channel is Hamburger SV vs Wehen Wiesbaden on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga 2 matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Hamburger SV vs Wehen Wiesbaden in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Bet365 subscribers can stream German Bundesliga 2 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Hamburger SV’s hopes of claiming the Bundesliga 2 title are all but over and their relegation hopes also suffered a big blow as they lost out to rivals Stuttgart in midweek despite holding a two-goal advantage at half-time.
- Joel Pohjanpalo opened the scoring before an Aaron Hunt penalty put Hamburg into a comfortable position but the scores were level on the hour mark and the visitors eventually succumbed to defeat as they conceded the sucker blow in stoppage time.
- Hamburg are without a victory in their three games since the resumption of the league and they will be desperate to get back to winning ways and they should be boosted by the return of Sonny Kittel and Gideon Jung.
- Wehen Wiesbaden suffered a second consecutive defeat by the same scoreline as they were narrowly beaten by Sandhausen on Tuesday with that result plunging them further into relegation trouble.
- Wehen were right in the game approaching half-time but they conceded just before the break and were unable to respond with them heading into this fixture four points from safety after Nurnberg eared a point on Saturday.
- Their hopes of getting back into the game with Sandhausen were dashed with just over 10 minutes remaining as Tobias Schwede was handed a second yellow card and he will sit this game out along with Maximilian Dittgen who must also serve a suspension.
Hamburger SV must get back on the winning trail sooner rather than
later as their promotion hopes come under serious threat. They threw
away a 0-2 lead away at rivals Stuttgart in midweek with that result
difficult to take for Hamburg. They now host struggling Wehen Wiesbaden
who come into this low on confidence and despite their desperate need to
pick up points to aid their fight against the drop, Hamburg will have a
point to prove and should be able to collect all three points for the first time in four matches with them having lost just twice on home soil this season.