2019-20 Bundesliga 2 – Hamburger SV vs Holstein Kiel Preview & Prediction
When does Hamburger SV vs Holstein Kiel kick off? Monday 8th June, 2020 – 19:30 (UK)
Where is Hamburger SV vs Holstein Kiel being played? Volksparkstadion
Where can I get tickets for Hamburger SV vs Holstein Kiel? No tickets are available as Bundesliga 2 matches are currently taking place behind closed doors
What TV channel is Hamburger SV vs Holstein Kiel on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga 2 matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Hamburger SV vs Holstein Kiel in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Bet365 subscribers can stream German Bundesliga 2 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- After three games without a victory, Hamburger SV earned their first win since the resumption of Bundesliga 2 as they got their promotion challenge back on track with a vital win against Wehen Wiesbaden.
- Panic could have set in after falling behind on 12 minutes but Hamburg responded quickly thanks to David Kinsombi’s strike before taking the lead through Joel Pohjanpalo, although they were pegged back as Wehen equalised from the spot in the second period.
- Despite that setback, Hamburg continued to press forward and were rewarded as Kinsombi bagged his second of the game to seal the victory and they have been given a huge boost ahead of this clash after Gideon Jung was declared fit with the centre-back pushing to come straight into the starting XI.
- Holstein Kiel made it back-to-back defeats as they lost to top of the table Arminia Bielefeld last time out but the manner of that loss is less than ideal preparation for this clash with Hamburger SV.
- Kiel trailed at the break but hit back soon after through Alexander Muhling and that looked like it would be enough to seal an impressive point but they failed to see the game out and conceded in the second minute of stoppage time.
- They will have to put that disappointment behind them quickly or they face a third straight defeat but they could be dealt an injury blow with Salih Ozcan a doubt who is carrying an adductor problem.
Promotion is still very much on the cards for Hamburger SV after they
earned a much-needed victory to end a run of three matches without a
win last week. They will be eager to stay in touch with the two teams
above them as they host a Holstein Kiel side that have lost their last
two games. They let what would have been an impressive point slip away
from them as they conceded in stoppage time against league leaders
Arminia Bielefeld last week and that disappointment is likely to be
difficult to overcome against the hosts with Hamburg likely to be too