2019-20 Bundesliga 2 – Hamburger SV vs Greuther Furth Preview & Prediction
When does Hamburger SV vs Greuther Furth kick off? Saturday 5th October, 2019 – 12:00 (UK)
Where is Hamburger SV vs Greuther Furth being played? Volksparkstadion
What are the expected weather conditions for Hamburger SV vs Greuther Furth? Cloud, 13c
What TV channel is Hamburger SV vs Greuther Furth on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga 2 matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Hamburger SV vs Greuther Furth in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Hamburger SV vs Greuther Furth?
Hamburger SV – https://shop.hsv.de/tickets/heimspiele/
What was the score in the last meeting between Hamburger SV & Greuther Furth? Hamburger SV 1-0 Greuther Furth
THE TEAM NEWS
- Second-placed Hamburger SV had to settle for a point at Jahn Regensburg last Saturday having come from behind and then been in front.
- Coach Dieter Hecking is set to have the same group available and having named an unchanged line-up last weekend, there could be one or two changes here.
- Bakery Jatta could be recalled in attack after Martin Harnik's poor performance at Regensburg, while Khaled Narey will be hoping to feature against his former club.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Daniel Heuer; Vagnoman, Jung, Van Drongelen, Leibold; Fein, Hunt, Dudziak; Jatta, Hinterseer, Kittel
Unavailable: Ewerton (Injured), Moritz (Injured), Gyamerah (Injured)
- Back-to-back defeats without scoring have seen Greuther Furth slip down the table and they have won just two of their last 16 away Bundesliga II games.
- Coach Stefan Leitl named just seven players on his bench against Holstein Kiel last Sunday, with Elias Abouchabaka the latest to miss out with a broken nose.
- Strikers Daniel Steininger and Shawn Parker continue to be left out despite those injuries, while centre-back Marvim Mavraj is set to start against his former side.
Predicted line-up (4-1-4-1): Burchert; Sauer, Caligiuri, Mavraj, Wittek; Sarpei; Hrgota, Seguin, Green, Mohr; Keita-Ruel
Unavailable: Meyerhofer (Injured), Ernst (Injured), Bauer (Injured), Steininger (Out of favour), Parker (Out of favour)
Doubtful: Kehr (Injured), Abouchabaka (Injured)
Hamburg's form has faltered slightly in recent weeks but they remain unbeaten at home this season, winning their last three games at the Volksparkstadion without conceding a goal. Against a Furth side who have failed to score in their last two games, the hosts will be confident of another shut-out.