2019-20 Bundesliga 2 – Greuther Furth vs Sandhausen Preview & Prediction
When does Greuther Furth vs Sandhausen kick off? Friday 5th June, 2020 – 17:30 (UK)
Where is Greuther Furth vs Sandhausen being played? Sportpark Ronhof Thomas Sommer
Where can I get tickets for Greuther Furth vs Sandhausen? No tickets are available as Bundesliga 2 matches are currently taking place behind closed doors
What TV channel is Greuther Furth vs Sandhausen on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga 2 matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Greuther Furth vs Sandhausen in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Bet365 subscribers can stream German Bundesliga 2 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Greuther Furth’s winless run was extended to four matches although they will be content with the point they earned on the road at Darmstadt 98 last week having trailed in the closing stages of that contest.
- Furth fell behind just over 10 minutes into the second half and things almost got worse for them but Darmstadt’s penalty struck to woodwork which proved to be decisive as Marvin Stefaniak came off the bench to level with just three minutes remaining.
- Stefaniak will hope his late cameo can earn him a spot in the starting XI but he will face further competition for a place in the side if Havard Nielsen is able to overcome the head knock that has ruled him out of the last two matches.
- Sandhausen made it back-to-back wins in Bundesliga 2 with those results seeing them climb away from the relegation zone and they will hope to all but secure their spot in the division by backing up an impressive win over Hannover 96 in this contest.
- After a goalless first period, Sandhausen started the second half strongly to take a two-goal advantage through goals from Julius Biada and Gerrit Nauber and despite Hannover pulling one back soon after, they kept their opponents at bay before Philip Turpitz added a third late on.
- Despite that victory, it was not all good news for Sandhausen who will be without the suspended Robin Scheu after he collected his fifth yellow card of the season while Besar Halimi is out after he picked up a muscle injury just 20 minutes after coming on as a substitute last week.
Greuther Furth looked like they could mount a challenge for promotion
before the season was temporarily suspended but they have failed to win
since the action resumed which has left them with a mountain to climb.
They are now without a win in their last four and host a Sandhausen team
who arrive full of confidence after back-to-back victories which should
see the visitors earn at least a point in this contest.