2019-20 Bundesliga 2 – Greuther Furth vs Holstein Kiel Preview & Prediction
When does Greuther Furth vs Holstein Kiel kick off? Sunday 29th September, 2019 – 12:30 (UK)
Where is Greuther Furth vs Holstein Kiel being played? Sportpark Ronhof Thomas Sommer
What are the expected weather conditions for Greuther Furth vs Holstein Kiel? Cloud, 19c
What TV channel is Greuther Furth vs Holstein Kiel on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga 2 matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Greuther Furth vs Holstein Kiel in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Greuther Furth vs Holstein Kiel?
What was the score in the last meeting between Greuther Furth & Holstein Kiel? Holstein Kiel 2-2 Greuther Furth
THE TEAM NEWS
- Greuther Furth's 2-0 defeat at Stuttgart last Saturday was their first in the league since Matchday 1 but they will still be pleased with their season so far.
- Centre-back Maximilian Bauer has been ruled out again after missing the trip to Stuttgart along with long-term absentees Marco Meyerhofer and Sebastian Ernst.
- Coach Stefan Leitl has no new injury worries so he is not expected to tinker much with the team that started at Stuttgart, although top scorer Daniel Keita-Ruel is pushing for a recall.
Predicted line-up (4-1-4-1): Burchert; Sauer, Caligiuri, Mavraj, Wittek; Sarpei; Hrgota, Seguin, Green, Mohr; Keita-Ruel
Unavailable: Meyerhofer (Injured), Ernst (Injured), Bauer (Injured), Steininger (Out of favour), Parker (Out of favour)
Doubtful: Kehr (Injured)
- Holstein Kiel lost 2-1 at home to Hannover 96 last Friday in their first game under interim coach Ole Werner, who remains in charge for this match.
- Werner's team selection against Hannover raised some eyebrows as he made a total of five changes, including in goal where summer signing Ioannis Gelios was preferred to Dominik Reimann.
- Striker Emmanuel Iyoha is out after being forced off at half-time against Hannover while Finn Porath and Aleksandar Ignjovski both sustained injuries in training this week which are likely to rule them out.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Gelios; Todorovic, Wahl, Schmidt, Van den Bergh; Meffert, Muhling, Ozcan; Atanga, Serra, Lee Jae-Sung
Unavailable: Dehm (Injured), Sander (Injured), Iyoha (Injured), Ignjovski (Injured)
Doubtful: Porath (Injured)
Greuther Furth will not be too downhearted after their defeat at Stuttgart as they were very much in the game against the league leaders. Leitl's side will thus be confident of returning to winning ways against struggling Holstein Kiel, who have lost seven of their last eight away league games.