2019-20 Bundesliga 2 – Greuther Furth vs Hamburger SV Preview & Prediction
When does Greuther Furth vs Hamburger SV kick off? Sunday 17th May, 2020 – 12:30 (UK)
Where is Greuther Furth vs Hamburger SV being played? Sportpark Ronhof Thomas Sommer
Where can I get tickets for Greuther Furth vs Hamburger SV? No tickets are available as Bundesliga 2 matches are currently taking place behind closed doors
What TV channel is Greuther Furth vs Hamburger SV on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga 2 matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Greuther Furth vs Hamburger SV in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Bet365 subscribers can stream German Bundesliga 2 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Greuther Furth still have their eyes on a spot in the Bundesliga but this could turn out to be a pivotal contest for them as they host the side currently occupying the final spot in the promotion places.
- Hamburger SV are the visitors and with an eight-point gap separating the two teams, it could be argued that anything other than three points for Furth will be catastrophic in their attempt to overhaul their opponents by the end of the campaign.
- They have only won one of their last five matches in Bundesliga 2 and will need to turn that record around quickly when the action restarts but they will still be without the injured Mergim Mavraj in the heart of the defence.
- Hamburger SV head into this round of fixtures with just a three-point cushion over Heidenheim but they will be looking up and not down in their pursuit of making a return to the Bundesliga.
- A run of three matches without a win for Hamburg was ended in their final match before the enforced break and they will be relieved to have returned to winning ways rather than having to dwell on a winless run.
- Hamburg have managed to slightly reduce their injury list during the time away from action but they remain without Ewerton and Jeremy Dudziak while Jordan Beyer is also doubtful for this game.
Hamburger SV will believe they can cement their spot in the promotion places and will take a big step closer if they can overcome one of the chasing pack here. They head to Greuther Furth with their opponents eight points behind them ahead of this contest and the three points here for Hamburg will surely knock Furth out of the race. Neither side were in good form before the league came to a standstill so any result is possible but it is likely that both teams will offer plenty in attack and that should result in goals at either end.