2019-20 Bundesliga 2 – Erzgebirge Aue vs Darmstadt 98 Preview & Prediction
When does Erzgebirge Aue vs Darmstadt 98 kick off? Tuesday 26th May, 2020 – 17:30 (UK)
Where is Erzgebirge Aue vs Darmstadt 98 being played? Erzgebirgsstadion
Where can I get tickets for Erzgebirge Aue vs Darmstadt 98? No tickets are available as Bundesliga 2 matches are currently taking place behind closed doors
What TV channel is Erzgebirge Aue vs Darmstadt 98 on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga 2 matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Erzgebirge Aue vs Darmstadt 98 in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Bet365 subscribers can stream German Bundesliga 2 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Erzgebirge Aue were able to avoid defeat in their trip to Nurnberg last Friday to make it just one loss in their last five Bundesliga 2 matches but they were perhaps fortunate to pick up a point in that game.
- Nurnberg dominated the match but Aue took the lead through Dimitrij Nazarov’s effort six minutes into the second half, although that did not last long and they then came under a barrage of pressure from the home side.
- Aue will be delighted that they held firm but need to be much better here as they host Darmstadt 98 where they will hope to maintain their superb home record this season having lost just once, although they will be without first-choice goalkeeper Martin Mannel who is suspended.
- Darmstadt 98 put in an impressive display to see off St. Pauli last week as they showed their ability both defensively and offensively with a 4-0 success which saw them respond to their shock loss against Karlsruher SC.
- Darmstadt took the lead through Mathias Honsak in just the seventh minute but the hosts had to stand firm as they came under some severe pressure by St. Pauli before a solid second half display in which they scored three goals in the final 20 minutes of the contest.
- Yannick Stark, Marvin Melham and Victor Palsson all found the back of the net to round off the impressive success but they will still be without Immanuel Hohn and Mathias Wittek through injury, although Felix Platte has been cleared to play despite suffering a head injury at the weekend.
This is a crucial contest between the teams occupying fifth and sixth
spot in Bundesliga 2 with the loser of this game likely to fall out of
contention for promotion. The pair are in decent form but Darmstadt 98
have lost just one of their last 12 fixtures while Erzgebirge Aue have
only lost a single game on home soil this season. The pair look evenly
matched but with Aue failing to win any of their last four contests
against Darmstadt, the visitors will be confident of claiming at least a
point from this clash.