2019-20 Bundesliga 2 – Darmstadt 98 vs Holstein Kiel Betting Preview & Prediction
When does Darmstadt 98 vs Holstein Kiel kick off? Sunday 4th August, 2019 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Darmstadt 98 vs Holstein Kiel being played? Merck-Stadion am Böllenfalltor
What is the weather forecast for Darmstadt 98 vs Holstein Kiel? Clear, 24c
What television channel is Darmstadt 98 vs Holstein Kiel on? Some Bundesliga 2 matches are televised on BT Sport so check here for their TV schedule
Where can I stream Darmstadt 98 vs Holstein Kiel? If televised on BT Sport, this match can be streamed via the BT Sport website and app
Where can I get tickets for Darmstadt 98 vs Holstein Kiel?
What was the score when the teams last met? Darmstadt 98 3-2 Holstein Kiel
THE TEAM NEWS
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Schuhen; Herrmann, Dumic, Hohn, Holland; Palsson, Stark; Heller, Mehlem, Skarke; Dursun
Unavailable: Von Haacke (Injured), Manu (Injured), Berko (Injured), Platte (Injured)
Doubtful: Honsak (Injured)
- Darmstadt 98 were denied an impressive opening win at Hamburger SV last Sunday after the home side were awarded a penalty by VAR in the eighth minute of added time, which they converted to rescue a 1-1 draw.
- Coach Dimitrios Grammozis only named eight substitutes of a possible nine on his bench last weekend with five players absent due to injury, including new signings Erich Berko, Braydon Manu and Mathias Honsak.
- Honsak's injury is not serious and it is hoped that he will be fit to make his debut, while winger Tim Skarke could be considered for a starting berth after coming on at half-time and scoring at Hamburg.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Reimann; Todorovic, Schmidt, Wahl, Van den Bergh; Meffert, Porath; Lee Jae-Sung, Muhling, Iyoha; Serra
Unavailable: Dehm (Injured)
Doubtful: Bisseck (Injured)
- Holstein Kiel recovered from conceding an early goal to earn a 1-1 draw at home to Sandhausen in their first game of the campaign, but they could have claimed all three points after missing a flurry of late chances.
- Summer signings Darko Todorovic, Finn Porath and goalscorer Emmanuel Iyoha started against Sandhausen while Aleksandar Ignjovski, Makana Baku and Lion Lauberbach all made their debuts off the bench for Kiel.
- Coach Andre Schubert is without right-back Jannik Dehm for his first away outing as coach and centre-back Yann Aurel Bisseck is a doubt having missed the opening game, but otherwise he has a full squad at his disposal.
Darmstadt have not lost at the Böllenfalltor since February, including a 3-2 win over Holstein Kiel in March. Kiel, meanwhile, took just one point from their last five away matches of the previous campaign so the Lilies look the slightly more appealing team, although draw no bet may be wise.
Betting tip: (Darmstadt 98) Draw no bet