2019-20 Bundesliga 2 – Darmstadt 98 vs Greuther Furth Preview & Prediction
When does Darmstadt 98 vs Greuther Furth kick off? Friday 29th May, 2020 – 17:30 (UK)
Where is Darmstadt 98 vs Greuther Furth being played? Merck-Stadion am Böllenfalltor
Where can I get tickets for Darmstadt 98 vs Greuther Furth? No tickets are available as Bundesliga 2 matches are currently taking place behind closed doors
What TV channel is Darmstadt 98 vs Greuther Furth on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga 2 matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Darmstadt 98 vs Greuther Furth in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Bet365 subscribers can stream German Bundesliga 2 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Darmstadt 98 backed up their impressive showing at home to St. Pauli by earning another solid victory on the road at Erzgebirge Aue in midweek which they achieved despite falling behind early on in the contest.
- Having gone behind in the eighth minute, Darmstadt responded quickly as they levelled from the spot through Tobias Kempe but it took two efforts from Serdar Dursun in the final 20 minutes to claim the three points.
- Darmstadt have now lost just one of their last 13 contests in Bundesliga 2 and will be confident of improving that record here as they boast a relatively healthy squad should only be missing long-term absentees Mathias Wittek and Immanuel Hohn.
- Greuther Furth put in a disjointed performance after not having a game at the weekend as they fell to a disappointing 0-2 loss to Osnabruck on Tuesday which now gives them a mountain to climb in their quest to earn promotion.
- Furth were arguably the better side after falling being early on but they failed to take their chances and were punished when Osnabruck added a second just before the hour mark with the hosts failing to respond.
- Furth really missed the presence of striker Havard Nielsen in their midweek clash and after suffering a concussion in the final training session before that game, the Norwegian will be sidelined once again.
Darmstadt 98 have proven difficult to beat for a long period in
Bundesliga 2 and have been impressive in their last two matches in which
they have found the back of the net on seven occasions. They now host
Greuther Furth who are without a win in their last three league games
and suffered a disappointing loss to Osnabruck in midweek. Furth have
won just three games on the road this season while Darmstadt have lost
just a single game on home soil and those respective records should
ensure that the hosts can avoid defeat at the very least here.