2019-20 Bundesliga 2 – Darmstadt 98 vs Erzgebirge Aue Preview & Prediction
When does Darmstadt 98 vs Erzgebirge Aue kick off? Friday 25th October, 2019 – 17:30 (UK)
Where is Darmstadt 98 vs Erzgebirge Aue being played? Merck-Stadion am Böllenfalltor
What TV channel is Darmstadt 98 vs Erzgebirge Aue on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga 2 matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Darmstadt 98 vs Erzgebirge Aue in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Darmstadt 98 vs Erzgebirge Aue?
What was the score in the last meeting between Darmstadt 98 & Erzgebirge Aue? Darmstadt 98 1-0 Erzgebirge Aue
THE TEAM NEWS
- Darmstadt 98 ended a seven-match winless run and moved out of the bottom three thanks to a 1-0 win at in-form St. Pauli last Saturday.
- First-choice goalkeeper Marcel Schuhen was recalled to the side having recently recovered from a broken arm and helped the Lilies to their first away clean sheet since April.
- Other than long-term absentees Braydon Manu and Felix Platte, coach Dimitrios Grammozis has a full squad at his disposal and is unlikely to make any changes.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Schuhen; Herrmann, Dumic, Hohn, Holland; Palsson, Paik Seung-Ho; Heller, Mehlem, Honsak; Dursun
Unavailable: Manu (Injured), Platte (Injured)
- Erzgebirge Aue closed the gap on the top three after a thrilling 4-3 win at home to Nurnberg last Friday but they have only registered one league win on the road this season.
- Youngster Erik Majetschak is doubtful with a back problem and centre-backs Malcolm Cacutalua and Steve Breitkreuz remain sidelined, but coach Dirk Schuster has no major personnel concerns as he faces his former club.
- Schuster has fielded the same starting line-up in the last three games and may well do so again, although Florian Kruger will be hoping to start after coming off the bench and scoring last week.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Mannel; Rizzuto, Gonther, Mihojevic, Kalig; Riese, Fandrich; Baumgart, Nazarov, Hochscheidt; Testroet
Unavailable: Cacutalua (Injured), Breitkreuz (Injured)
Doubtful: Majetschak (Injured)
The table would suggest that Erzgebirge Aue are favourites here but Darmstadt are actually unbeaten at home this season, registering three draws and one win. Only five of Aue's 18 points have arrived away from home, so the hosts are certainly in with a chance after that win last weekend.